Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
100,000 deliveries over 14 months. Great news and likely why Tesla stock peaked over $1000/share today. I love it.

Now for all of you who make your car payments by renting your Tesla out on Turo, how does this change your strategy or do you have any concerns? I think it won’t effect you much yet as it is a 14 month buildup of the fleet. It will hit the bigger cities first before the middle and smaller cities.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If the EV incentive passes, a whole lot of people are going to want to push their Model 3/ Model Y deliveries back until after the new year.

This gives Tesla a customer they can push cars to in the mean time so they don’t end up with a giant clusercluck of cars piling up as everyone shouts “Not Me!” In unison when they ask who wants delivery a month before the effective priced drops $7,000.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If the EV incentive passes, a whole lot of people are going to want to push their Model 3/ Model Y deliveries back until after the new year.

This gives Tesla a customer they can push cars to in the mean time so they don’t end up with a giant clusercluck of cars piling up as everyone shouts “Not Me!” In unison when they ask who wants delivery a month before the effective priced drops $7,000.
I get the impression that there is very little chance the EV incentive will pass. Too many vested interests would get relatively little benefit compared to their Tesla competition. There is just no way they want that to happen.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I get the impression that there is very little chance the EV incentive will pass. Too many vested interests would get relatively little benefit compared to their Tesla competition. There is just no way they want that to happen.
I don’t know. I’d kind of prefer it didn’t happen myself as I can think of a lot of better ways for our government to spend money.

I’ll certainly take advantage if it passes, but if the government is giving hand-outs, there are a lot of people who need it more than I do. It’s also quite clear at this point that it is not needed to spur EV sales.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
So, currently there are no big car rental companies that have EV's.
But Hertz is jumping into the deep end, and ordering 100,000 Model 3's?
Doesn't this seem a bit odd? $4,200,000,000 for small sedans?
My guess would be mostly going to Europe. And probably LFP batteries. But damn, that's a big order!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I don’t know. I’d kind of prefer it didn’t happen myself as I can think of a lot of better ways for our government to spend money.

I’ll certainly take advantage if it passes, but if the government is giving hand-outs, there are a lot of people who need it more than I do. It’s also quite clear at this point that it is not needed to spur EV sales.
Oh, it's needed, for any other vehicle but Tesla's. GM is getting crushed.
This all makes me wonder what if, in their infinite wisdom, DC politicians decide to help everybody BUT Tesla. Couldn't they write an EV incentive law with a 1 million vehicle cap?
That would SUCK!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Oh, it's needed, for any other vehicle but Tesla's. GM is getting crushed.
This all makes me wonder what if, in their infinite wisdom, DC politicians decide to help everybody BUT Tesla. Couldn't they write an EV incentive law with a 1 million vehicle cap?
That would SUCK!
They already wrote one with a 200,000 unit cap, GM managed to burn through that with pretty much nothing to show for it. Tesla came out with a (literal) trillion dollar business.

Ford isn’t doing much better.

Yes it would suck if they cut it off after a million units, but I don’t think it would matter in the long run.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just realized.

This single order is about 3 times more BEVs than Ford has built to date. By the time they are done fulfilling this order, Hertz will have the their name on the title of more BEVs than Ford.

They’ve been doing this for 100 years though…