Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
Not sure if anyone has discussed this, but I haven't seen a hitch on any of the pictures. Curious to know if this will be standard equipment or optional. I'm guessing standard due to most hitch manufacturers not having specs for mounting one. Also, will there be a "tow/haul" button. I'm purchasing the single motor and it's rated for 7500+ supposedly. I called a dealer to make sure it could tow a pontoon with that and they said easily.
Sponsored

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing!! Where’s the Hitch??

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not sure if anyone has discussed this, but I haven't seen a hitch on any of the pictures. Curious to know if this will be standard equipment or optional. I'm guessing standard due to most hitch manufacturers not having specs for mounting one. Also, will there be a "tow/haul" button. I'm purchasing the single motor and it's rated for 7500+ supposedly. I called a dealer to make sure it could tow a pontoon with that and they said easily.
The only time we have seen the receiver is when it was at the Petersen museum (pic below) I am thinking this will not be standard equipment but will be optional like on other teslas. Based on the pic it appears there is a removable panel in the plastic which would indicate to me it's not intended to be on every models by default. The hitch receiver itself is a removable unit

Tesla Cybertruck Hitch? Tesla-Cybertruck-Petersen-Automotive-Museum-Underbody

Tesla Cybertruck Hitch? Tesla-Cybertruck-Petersen-Automotive-Museum-2_1024x1024

OP
OP

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
The only time we have seen the receiver is when it was at the Petersen museum (pic below) I am thinking this will not be standard equipment but will be optional like on other teslas. Based on the pic it appears there is a removable panel in the plastic which would indicate to me it's not intended to be on every models by default. The hitch receiver itself is a removable unit

Tesla-Cybertruck-Petersen-Automotive-Museum-Underbody.jpg

Tesla-Cybertruck-Petersen-Automotive-Museum-2_1024x1024.jpg
Interesting....haven't seen that pic. Thanks for sharing!

rjo71342

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
current:outlander phev, next:cybertruck
Occupation
custtomer service
Country flag
i think based on the top amount that can be towed looking at a 2.5in or 60mm receiver would be the best option for starters based on this https://www.curtmfg.com/part/15810 to make sure i can tow more than rated

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

Tesla-Cybertruck-Petersen-Automotive-Museum-Underbody.jpg

Tesla-Cybertruck-Petersen-Automotive-Museum-2_1024x1024.jpg
It looks like in this design, Tesla is giving priority to departure angle (28 degrees). TRX is 23.5 and Raptor 23.0. Elon has a Baja state of mind.

This could be a good survey. How many people would have the hitch permanently.

Model X setup tow rating is 5000 Ib. With CT3 tow rating of 14000 lb, we have to see if CT will use the same type of setup only more beefed-up or something more permanent.

If you remember something was used before. I just can't tell from this video, if the setup is te same as the one in show room photos or Model X:

Side note: With this jab at F150, and Elon trying to steal Ford's lunch money, if lightening reveals capabilities and features that makes CT less of a compelling choice (HUGE IF), that may add another "month or so" to CT update reveal while Tesla adjust the finished design. Lets hope lightening is good but not great.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
i think based on the top amount that can be towed looking at a 2.5in or 60mm receiver would be the best option for starters based on this https://www.curtmfg.com/part/15810 to make sure i can tow more than rated
Given that the maximum tow capacity of the Tri-motor is 14,000 lbs, and the maximum capacity of a weight distributing Class IV hitch is also 14,000 lbs, I would assume this is what the Cybertruck will be equipped with.

So it will be the more popular 2" receiver with wide compatibility. A Class V hitch is really a commercial hitch and very special purpose in that most accessories and balls available won't fit a 2 1/2" receiver.
Sponsored