John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Newton: I also don't like "skylights" in my vehicles.
I hope there is a roof rack that can be purchased with the CT. I will get and put 5 x 350+ W PV's on with a charge controller to hopefully V2CT charging capability. AND use it at home V2House :)
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
yea, totally agree. the glass roof is cool and all but for a work truck it WILL get scratched .

most the cars I have owned have carried things on the roof without roof racks.
CT doesn't have a "glass" roof. All the glass is supposedly armoured glass or transparent aluminum... But I'm worried too.
Some companies give out free samples and I know you like to do experiments. Maybe test Alon to see what it's like?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
CT doesn't have a "glass" roof. All the glass is supposedly armoured glass or transparent aluminum... But I'm worried too.
Some companies give out free samples and I know you like to do experiments. Maybe test Alon to see what it's like?
I think the transparent aluminum (which is really just an aluminum based ceramic, its properties are much more like glass then metal) is a guess for the CT glass. I don't remember seeing anything other than rumor that it is what will be used. But according to wiki its 4x harder than regular glass.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think the transparent aluminum (which is really just an aluminum based ceramic, its properties are much more like glass then metal) is a guess for the CT glass. I don't remember seeing anything other than rumor that it is what will be used. But according to wiki its 4x harder than regular glass.
Elon said it was transparent aluminum on jay leno... No he didn't. He said Tesla armour glass.. somewhere I thought he said it's transparent aluminum.... It the same place he discussed the difficulties in optical clarity of the slope of the flat windshield, maybe someone can help me out?

Last edited:

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
The way the ‘article’ is written, with abusive language, I suspect that it can be largely ignored. It is clear from the photograph that a kludgy solution to mounting the device was employed by someone for some reason (perhaps rattling, perhaps leakage, perhaps the mounts were inadequate, etc.). The original proposition is certainly true for any vehicle or manufacturer; it cannot hurt to be out around 100K in the reservation list for a new vehicle. I have seen similar on my Lexus. But that article was ‘written’ by someone with an agenda so I have to ignore it.
And I’ll bet cash money angry author never drove one and wishes he had one.

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-y-owners-have-found-home-depot-shit-used-to-1844999285

I guess not being one of the first 10k people in Line to get the CyberTruck is not a bad thing. These are the types of BUGS they need to work out.
This is the kind of thing that makes me think of cancelling my $70,000 trimotor order. Is this what I can expect? Because everything I have seen from Tesla says this will happen with Cybertruck. There is a certain familiar hubris I see in Tesla that exists in companies like Apple. I feel like they are in a unique position and they got out in front of the pack and now they are saying they will do what they want and put out garbage quality because they were first and you have no other real option. This is sad and it might just be what causes Tesla to lose their lead in the near future. Lucid, Ford, VW and the others aren't going to be putting out cars that literally have chunks flying off on the freeway and panels that looks like a high school auto shop class built the car. I am a huge Tesla fan but I find this disgusting.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
This is the kind of thing that makes me think of cancelling my $70,000 trimotor order. Is this what I can expect? Because everything I have seen from Tesla says this will happen with Cybertruck. There is a certain familiar hubris I see in Tesla that exists in companies like Apple. I feel like they are in a unique position and they got out in front of the pack and now they are saying they will do what they want and put out garbage quality because they were first and you have no other real option. This is sad and it might just be what causes Tesla to lose their lead in the near future. Lucid, Ford, VW and the others aren't going to be putting out cars that literally have chunks flying off on the freeway and panels that looks like a high school auto shop class built the car. I am a huge Tesla fan but I find this disgusting.
You should definitely cancel your order! The quality of Tesla is so sub par that almost all of their customers can't wait to get rid of them. They are just pretending they like them so no one thinks they are idiots for getting them in the first place.

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
You should definitely cancel your order! The quality of Tesla is so sub par that almost all of their customers can't wait to get rid of them. They are just pretending they like them so no one thinks they are idiots for getting them in the first place.
I am willing to take the risk, it is just very sad that buying what will end up (after all the expesive add-ons and taxes) being close to a $100,000 truck will be put together with less quality and car than any popular brand whose name any of us would recognize. I think there is a middle ground between a blue-bearded fanboy and a Tesla hating red-neck that parks his Chevy truck at a charging station. I don't think that it is too much to ask to have a car that is put together correctly and to some reasonable level of tolerance.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I am willing to take the risk, it is just very sad that buying what will end up (after all the expesive add-ons and taxes) being close to a $100,000 truck will be put together with less quality and car than any popular brand whose name any of us would recognize. I think there is a middle ground between a blue-bearded fanboy and a Tesla hating red-neck that parks his Chevy truck at a charging station. I don't think that it is too much to ask to have a car that is put together correctly and to some reasonable level of tolerance.
You are saying to you it is worth the money and you are choosing to buy the product over the other product. So it can't be sub par or you would be either a blue beard fan boy blindly ignoring reality or you are lying and you do not think it is sub par. Certainly Tesla could make a better product, but do they need to if you will buy this one?

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
If your lower than 40,000 please, please cancel. That’ll make me 39999. I’m good with that.
Sponsored