First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Newton: I also don't like "skylights" in my vehicles.
I hope there is a roof rack that can be purchased with the CT. I will get and put 5 x 350+ W PV's on with a charge controller to hopefully V2CT charging capability. AND use it at home V2House :)

Dids

First Name
Les
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 21 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
yea, totally agree. the glass roof is cool and all but for a work truck it WILL get scratched .

most the cars I have owned have carried things on the roof without roof racks.
CT doesn't have a "glass" roof. All the glass is supposedly armoured glass or transparent aluminum... But I'm worried too.
Some companies give out free samples and I know you like to do experiments. Maybe test Alon to see what it's like?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏🝗尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
CT doesn't have a "glass" roof. All the glass is supposedly armoured glass or transparent aluminum... But I'm worried too.
Some companies give out free samples and I know you like to do experiments. Maybe test Alon to see what it's like?
I think the transparent aluminum (which is really just an aluminum based ceramic, its properties are much more like glass then metal) is a guess for the CT glass. I don't remember seeing anything other than rumor that it is what will be used. But according to wiki its 4x harder than regular glass.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
most the cars I have owned have carried things on the roof without roof racks.
...But that's bad for the structure of the roof. I bent my Honda doing that 'cause I didn't have a basket.

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 21 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think the transparent aluminum (which is really just an aluminum based ceramic, its properties are much more like glass then metal) is a guess for the CT glass. I don't remember seeing anything other than rumor that it is what will be used. But according to wiki its 4x harder than regular glass.
Elon said it was transparent aluminum on jay leno... No he didn't. He said Tesla armour glass.. somewhere I thought he said it's transparent aluminum.... It the same place he discussed the difficulties in optical clarity of the slope of the flat windshield, maybe someone can help me out?

Last edited:

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2013 Tesla Model S 85, '06 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0si, Soon: Tri-Motor Cybertruck FSD
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag

Youaregoldone

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag

Advertisement

Advertisement