Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I tried on my account on the tesla website I can't figure it out
I changed from a single motor to the dual all wheel drive once I saw the way the manufacturing would follow. I am in no hurry but I would like it by this decade. All you have to do is go to the Tesla site and follow the threads to change or update your order. Now I did that about 9 months ago but the process may have changed since then

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I tried on my account on the tesla website I can't figure it out
Don't change anything. Once the Online configurator is live and Tesla starts reaching out to early reservation holders you can opt to either wait for a later delivery date (maybe you are not financially ready yet) or you can opt to change trims at that time.

I can technically afford the Tri-Motor (depending on the future EV credit) but I am keeping my Duel Motor reservation until the last moment when Tesla notifies me that it's time to configure.

OP
OP
Skynetassaultvehicle
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Country flag
Don't change anything. Once the Online configurator is live and Tesla starts reaching out to early reservation holders you can opt to either wait for a later delivery date (maybe you are not financially ready yet) or you can opt to change trims at that time.

I can technically afford the Tri-Motor (depending on the future EV credit) but I am keeping my Duel Motor reservation until the last moment when Tesla notifies me that it's time to configure.
Good idea and yea that makes sense ill barely be able to afford the tri motor but I kind of need that version so I can pull my excavator and trailer with it

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Question, did you place your order within 8 hours of the release announcement?

If so you should just cancel it and start over. Matter of fact, I think everyone who placed an order within that time frame should cancel... Just sayin'. It'll probably speed up delivery, I heard.

Cancel. Go 'head. Just a few clickety click clicks and you're free to order exactly what you need. No worries any more, right? It's easy as cheesy. You can even give me your login info and I'll do it for you. Cuz' I'm here to help. I'm a pleaser like that.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I wouldn’t change it before you are actually ready to place the order. If somehow we are lucky enough to keep the pricing when ordered you don’t want to give Tesla a reason to justify changing your cost. Just place another order just in case they don’t let you switch. That’s what I did. It’s $100 which is peanuts if they raise the cost $10k