Change reservation order from dual motor to tri motor?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It doesn't matter. Only the date matters. And the reservation number. They wouldn't have charged you the price out of temporal sync with linear time.

-Crissa
I hope you are right......have a similar issue.....just have to wait and see if I have to fight that battle later....no sense in losing sleep now over it........(although I do wonder if it is really worth it on the CT with how big the truck is and driving in city traffic)
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I hope you are right......have a similar issue.....just have to wait and see if I have to fight that battle later....no sense in losing sleep now over it........(although I do wonder if it is really worth it on the CT with how big the truck is and driving in city traffic)
Autopilot will take care of most of that.

Tho I have an Aptera reservation for those sorts of errands...

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Autopilot will take care of most of that.

Tho I have an Aptera reservation for those sorts of errands...

-Crissa
I have to agree with that......but I do really like the visualizations now with FSD on the MS.......wish that would be standard on CT without FSD.....that would be great

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I have to agree with that......but I do really like the visualizations now with FSD on the MS.......wish that would be standard on CT without FSD.....that would be great
Elon says it'll be in a future update, probably when they start really trusting the combined stack.

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
So I went to look at my order as I also want to upgrade from single to dual or tri now that I can afford it, and it looks like the option to change order is gone!

But that is nice to know that they will call and give us a chance to change.
I have been saying for over a year now. Do not change your order. I talked to a rep with Tesla and asked early on why the FSD changed to $10k on my order and he came back after looking at the history and said that they have record of any changes made on the account and to their knowledge they would likely honor the number from when I placed the order, which was $7k. obviously conversation about general cost escalation due to the delays and the economy are separate. The point is don't give them any justification to increase your cost. If you placed an order early on keep it and don't edit it. Just place another order if you want to order a different configuration.

AC_CyberT

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 Lariat Off-Road / 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Cyber warrior
Country flag
At this point in time, just order a new Tri-motor. When it is time to purchase, trade-in your old Cybertruck. It may be more expensive than when you initially bought it. Look at what happens now. Use Teslas are more expensive that new ones.

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
My First Post! :) I am about 7000-9000 in line for the Cybertruck. I ordered the tri-motor at $70k hoping it wouldn't go over $80k, want the tax credit. Now that the prices for the CT have been released $100k is outside my budget. I wonder if I'll have the ability to downgrade to the dual-motor without losing my spot or the $7k FSD?

Last edited:

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
Geographic adjacency to the factory aside, I am hoping they go in approximate list order and Ask Us First, thus preserving at least some kind of first rights of refusal and/or trim level switching. Would seem "logical and fair", although we all know what that usually means...
Sponsored