How do I know my FSD is locked in

Ozbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XKE, Cybertruck dual motor in my future
Country flag
I reserved a dual motor Cybertruck the day after the reveal, I added the FSD a couple of months later at the low price (to lock it in). When logging into my order online I don't see any confirmation that I'm locked in at the lower price (as its gone up since then), is this just a leap of faith?
Sponsored

Reactions: Geo

Carlton1034

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda S2000, GMC Sierra 2500HD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I reserved a dual motor Cybertruck the day after the reveal, I added the FSD a couple of months later at the low price (to lock it in). When logging into my order online I don't see any confirmation that I'm locked in at the lower price (as its gone up since then), is this just a leap of faith?
I don't know for certain, but logic would suggest you are locked-in at the price of FSD on the day that you added it. By the way, how do you go about adding FSD? I ordered a 2-motor on the first day of ordering and I don't think I ordered FSD, so I'd like to add it on now (to lock in the current price) but without going back to the end of the line.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I don't know for certain, but logic would suggest you are locked-in at the price of FSD on the day that you added it. By the way, how do you go about adding FSD? I ordered a 2-motor on the first day of ordering and I don't think I ordered FSD, so I'd like to add it on now (to lock in the current price) but without going back to the end of the line.
It won’t change your order number. Go do it now.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Even if your order number changes, the theory is that everyone (or certain geographic locations) will get the chance to configure and checkout at the same time. From there it'll be first come, first serve.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Speaking of, configure and checkout ... how does that work via online only system? Does tesla have a loan system like typical dealerships? Or would you have to do this before purchase?

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I bought my M3 private party so not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly when you checkout you submit a larger down payment, then Tesla Finance reaches out to do all the financing and whatnot (or give the details for your bank to pay them if financing elsewhere), then the car is shipped when completed.

There are some vids on youtube of people going through the whole checkout process ? I hope that helps!

FrenchBully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor on order
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. I heard FSD was going up 1K to 8K on July 1 so I modified my reservation and added it. Now that I heard it is going up to 10K I checked my reservation and it just shows "dual motor" and not FSD. I saw someone else's reservation online and theirs said "FSD" below the dual motor.

What bothers me is that there is no phone number at Tesla to call about questions like this. I emailed them through the website twice, and the only response was that a local salesperson emailed me and said he had a referral from head office about getting me into a new car. I emailed him back and said my reservation is not showing "FSD" even though I added it, and he never bothered answering me back. I even phoned his cell phone which was in the email and he didn't answer his phone.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. I heard FSD was going up 1K to 8K on July 1 so I modified my reservation and added it. Now that I heard it is going up to 10K I checked my reservation and it just shows "dual motor" and not FSD. I saw someone else's reservation online and theirs said "FSD" below the dual motor.

What bothers me is that there is no phone number at Tesla to call about questions like this. I emailed them through the website twice, and the only response was that a local salesperson emailed me and said he had a referral from head office about getting me into a new car. I emailed him back and said my reservation is not showing "FSD" even though I added it, and he never bothered answering me back. I even phoned his cell phone which was in the email and he didn't answer his phone.
That is a worry if Tesla can’t be bothered to reply to a simple question like that.
Do you think there will be any CT‘s for us to checkout before finally committing to the purchase, even a static pre production model would be better than nothing, assuming I’m allowed to purchase a righthand drive version here in the U.K. I’m fully prepared to travel over the pond if that’s what it takes to actually see and touch one in person. Unlike yourselves in the States where your reservations will probably be done by areas however if we get to have them here I think they will all come at once so getting up and personal with one before purchase won’t be possible.

FrenchBully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is a worry if Tesla can’t be bothered to reply to a simple question like that.
Do you think there will be any CT‘s for us to checkout before finally committing to the purchase, even a static pre production model would be better than nothing, assuming I’m allowed to purchase a righthand drive version here in the U.K. I’m fully prepared to travel over the pond if that’s what it takes to actually see and touch one in person. Unlike yourselves in the States where your reservations will probably be done by areas however if we get to have them here I think they will all come at once so getting up and personal with one before purchase won’t be possible.
I'm sure there will be some models kicking around, but I'm not sure about UK right hand drive models.
It seems to be the trend nowadays where you can't get support by phoning in, but a lot of new companies at least have online chat, a big company like Tesla should be able to support that. They're supposedly a premium company offering a premium experience but they're not even offering basic support.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm sure there will be some models kicking around, but I'm not sure about UK right hand drive models.
It seems to be the trend nowadays where you can't get support by phoning in, but a lot of new companies at least have online chat, a big company like Tesla should be able to support that. They're supposedly a premium company offering a premium experience but they're not even offering basic support.
It does seem that live chat is now the only horse in town when it comes down to sort of talking to an actual person.

OP
OP
Ozbie

Ozbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XKE, Cybertruck dual motor in my future
Country flag

I do see FSD on my reservation, but not much else, not even a date stamp. This may indeed be a leap of faith, and based on what I'm hearing about customer service, I have some concern.

FrenchBully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do see FSD on my reservation, but not much else, not even a date stamp. This may indeed be a leap of faith, and based on what I'm hearing about customer service, I have some concern.
I think you're golden as I don't even see FSD listed.

Tesla Cybertruck How do I know my FSD is locked in Screenshot_20201028-215244

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
You'll see FSD listed in your email confirmation when reserving too, so that'll serve as your date and timestamp in the event you need to dispute it in the future. ?

Let's hope you don't though!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I initially ordered a dual motor with FSD and the email confirmation said dual motor with FSD. A few days later I changed it to a tri motor and the confirmation email now said tri motor with FSD. Both with the same order number. Did you not get confirmation email(s) after you updated your reservation(s)? Has anyone added FSD to their reservation and gotten a change confirmation email? For something like this I usually take a picture of the s teen just in case. Did you guys do that?

FrenchBully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did get an email when I modified to add the FSD, and it didn't mention the FSD when I looked at it just now, so I guess I screwed up and didn't save the modification when I did it. At this point I'll either just get the Cybertruck without FSD, or reassess whether to keep the reservation closer to delivery time depending on what else is out there at that time, since I'm not happy with the way things are going right now with Tesla failing to respond to my communications... As an aside, Consumer Reports just came out this week and said GM autopilot is better than Tesla FSD, so we'll see what the situation is in 1.5 years.
Sponsored