How will Cybertruck fare in mud-bogging?

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
I was thinking this morning about how the Cyborghini is going to fair on my mountain driveway. I've got a fairly challenging layout with a big medium curve followed by a steep climb, finished with a 90 degree left turn onto another hill. As always, momentum is your friend. Both the curve and the 90 limit the speed we can get for the steeps. So better cornering vehicles help. FWD VW golf was terrible, couldn't corner good enough. School bus actually did well if it got the speed just right. I am thinking the Cyborghini should be awesome with good weight on front and back for awd cornering and climbing. I don't have much experience with mud bogging but from what I have watched momentum only goes so far with the front heavy pick-ups tending to submarine. Seems like the lighter trucks do better by tackling it a little slower. I am thinking that even with the Cybertruck being quite heavy the good weight distribution should help and maybe even racing with the front end lifted and the back-end down might help it to plane better and really take a fast run at it. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think it'll do great on your hill; EVs have super torque and weight distribution so don't need the momentum that vehicles with a boggy motor and transmission need to make transitions.

But mudding... uhh... slow and steady does not win that race and heavy is bad so...

We'll have to see. Tesla is usually less good in super-slick messy conditions because it has so much power available. Traction control only can do so much. It might be that the lightest version does better.

-Crissa

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you have do deal with mud or some other slick condition, I think your choice of tires could have a serious impact on the performance of a Cybertruck.

At this time we have no idea what Tesla will provide as standard tires on the CT. I believe what was shown on the original prototype could be good for many soft surface conditions, but I don't know if they would work with mud.
Sponsored