Hummer EV Pickup Teaser Video. Cybertruck rival?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Good. The work truck market is the near the last bastion of ICE dominance, trucking. The more companies working towards EV trucks, the better.

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
Good. The work truck market is the near the last bastion of ICE dominance, trucking. The more companies working towards EV trucks, the better.
We have a Billy Gee in our Town. He's the bass man.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
We will hear more of the Hummer EV in February with the Super Bowl ad and the reveal on the 20th.

Perhaps we can move this thread to "Cybertruck vs" as we continue the discussion?

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I find it curious that they have put out the horsepower, torque and 0-60 spec already but have they even made one yet? Somehow I don’t think that they even looked at the co-efficient drag on the box. So far the legacy auto makers are only talking about electrifying current vehicles such as the Mustang and now Hummer Instead of building something new from the ground up. This to me is where Tesla really gets it and is trying to rethink everything in order to make it better. Someone on the Hummer website was excited because it had a front grill even though they realized it wasn’t necessary and they were celebrating it. I have never found it enjoyable cleaning the bugs off of plastic grills. I’m really looking forward to getting the CT!

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
So far the legacy auto makers are only talking about electrifying current vehicles such as the Mustang and now Hummer Instead of building something new from the ground up.
They're slow to change because they've never really had to. They think the selling part of their car is design, which is true in some cases. Overall people just want something affordable, reliable, and able to carry their daily loads (wood, tools, crotch goblins, etc). People don't really care what it looks like so long as it meets their needs at a fair price.

Astro vans still on the road to this day are proof of this.

Duramax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTS-V, 850hp Diesel
Country flag
I find it curious that they have put out the horsepower, torque and 0-60 spec already but have they even made one yet? Somehow I don’t think that they even looked at the co-efficient drag on the box. So far the legacy auto makers are only talking about electrifying current vehicles such as the Mustang and now Hummer Instead of building something new from the ground up. This to me is where Tesla really gets it and is trying to rethink everything in order to make it better. Someone on the Hummer website was excited because it had a front grill even though they realized it wasn’t necessary and they were celebrating it. I have never found it enjoyable cleaning the bugs off of plastic grills. I’m really looking forward to getting the CT!
As a current Hummer owner, I can relate to the guy who likes the grill. Range will be the deciding factor for me.
Sponsored