HW3 Tesla Vision park assist without sonic-sensors will need full-time Sentry Mode

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Currently many Tesla owners do not leave Sentry Mode on because Sentry Mode has measurable battery energy drain and the owner feels they are in a secure enough location from vandals/thieves etc.

With the current HW3 camera placement and without ultrasonic sensors as long as the vehicle is moving forward the blind-spot in front of hood & bumper is not a huge problem because forward looking cameras can detect objects before the objects enter the front blind-spot.

However once the car stops/parks and is turned off and if Sentry Mode is turned off too there will be a huge blind-spot in front.

Small children, objects, animals, small children, animals could enter the front blind-spot and would not be visible to the vehicle the next time it was turned on and moved forward.

If Sentry Mode was always on when parked and kept memory of objects entering the front blind-spot area Sentry Mode could notify Tesla Vision the the front blind-spot might be occupied by small children, objects, animals.

Another usage of Sentry Mode could be to help with rodents chewing on wires, cables, and other parts is for Sentry Mode to detect and track rodents around the vehicle.

-------------------------------------------
Tesla Cybertruck HW3 Tesla Vision park assist without sonic-sensors will need full-time Sentry Mode 1680078100480

** Note: I strongly disagree with Tesla Raj using his daughter or any children in his test.
There are plenty of cases of pedal mis-application where drivers inadvertently drive over people and other objects.

If you want to complain
Tesla Raj (@tesla_raj) · Twitter https://twitter.com/tesla_raj
or YouTube
Tesla Raj - YouTube youtube.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/teslaraj

***** Please consider NOT clicking on video link below. See note above *****

Tesla Vision Based Park Assist for Non USS Vehicles
Non- Ultra sonic sensor Teslas now get park assist via vision through cameras. How good is it? We put it to the test as the software just rolled out!
Mar 27, 2023
Tesla Raj

------

-------------------------------------------
Sponsored

Last edited:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I agree with you, and I say the more cameras that future hardware can handle, the better. Was glad to see the bumper camera on the recent ßeta versions of the Cybertruck.

Brian of i1Tesla was much more logical and safer by using cardboard or improvised mannequins when doing similar tests a few years back. No need to take unnecessary risks.

It's possible (hopefully) that Tesla will not enable Park Assist for HW3 vehicles leaving parking places, or when starting again to possibly readjust parking. I'm not sure that Tesla would enable it in those situations anyway even at present, but it's something to be careful with.

I don't use Park Assist myself because I am very particular about the car placement to avoid door dings. I also like the accuracy of the backup camera to help avoid curb rash when manually parking.

- ÆCIII

Last edited: