John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The fine print says one CT per customer. (It does not but, we are already nervous)

Tesla could ease minds and change narratives by broadcasting gigs press delivery and installation.
Sponsored

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
@Throwcomputer
I'll be happy purchasing the one I want/need/afford for personal use.
Sorry for only posting half of the story behind having multiple reservations:
WANT:
The reservations are not all for myself or even just on one Teslaaccount.
They are spread over the family. We NEED more than one vehicle. Actually 3-4 at present.
One of the reservation holders will need another 3 years to be allowed to drive alone anyway.
So an extended wait time is no issue for him. ?

If you look at my present location we have a longer wait anyway.... but that is another storry.

BTW. and in part off topic:

My present Tesla M3 can be soled, in 3 months used, at/over purchase price. o_O
A MY is on order, waiting to be produced in Brandenburg (with 4680! Yes call me OSBORNE).
Delivery Mid/End 2022 ?
A perfect fit to the minimum holding periode of M3 (see below).
CTs starting in 2024?
Yes not only #ELON has a long term plan. :whistle:

Affording is much easier after you have paid for the first Tesla.
Yes the world is unfair, often. The early bird gets FSD for cheap, or how is the saying :unsure:.

Beeing able to look in FSD price years ahead of car delivery was too good to pass up.
Actually with the current rumors on CT price, I still do not see anything wrong having a 100$ call option on FSD, regardless of final CT priceing.

At the moment you get > 10K $US buying a EV in Germany, it does mot matter where it is bulid.
Phase out by 2025?
After 1/2 a year you can sell it again.
To scandinavian countrys, they pay the most. Taxation screws up trade big time....
It is a totally crazy situation. :eek:
Normal people flipping their car twice in a year and riding the TeslaTrain for free.:ROFLMAO:
Thanks to the ICE Auto Lobby having pushed for those high subsidies.
Souds familliar to you?:unsure:

The US is about 3-4 years behind in this crazyness.....
You'll catch up with the BBB Plan, including those stupid Hybrid(ICE)car subsidies.
But showing the world your "Leadership" with the UAW ExtraPiceOfPie:poop:..... Go Brandon!

Normally the world took ideas (not all have to be good..) from the US (Airbags, third brake light, catalytic converters,.....) after some years or a decade.
Now it is the other way around.
Why learn from the old countrys when you can squander Trillions?
Experiance is gained by doing stupid stuff (to) yourself. Right?

I am not pro car buying incentives, but I would be stupid not to be ahead / on top of the wave, understanding how the ocean moves.?

Thanks for reading to the end and sorry for the long post.
I held back for a long time.:censored:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
That's great. But I'm sure you are aware that Germany factory will be cranking out vehicles soon enough. The second hand market will not be the same inflated prices in 2-3 years. Same goes for the USA once Texas is cranking them out. Current situations are a limited time lucky strike for owners selling their used vehicles.

Ct reservation holders in the USA better be in the first 6 months of delivery if they are banking on buying to flip for profit. After that, the factory will be printing money faster than the flippers to their increasingly diminishing returns. There will be quite a few buyers left holding too many bags they can't afford from the looks of it.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Sounds to me like a ton of people are going to be buying CT with plans to flip them or robotaxi them will eventually come to the realization that when everyone does it.. no one is renting a robotaxi or buying overpriced CTs.
Robotaxi is at least 3-5 years out. Maybe more. Notice Musk has completely stopped using the term or referencing it?

The FSD wording does not reference unattended operation outside of just talking about Summon Mode.

I’m curious what will happen with these robotaxi fleets when people realize they will need to either go through Turo and just be a truck rental company.

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ct reservation holders in the USA better be in the first 6 months of delivery if they are banking on buying to flip for profit. After that, the factory will be printing money faster than the flippers to their increasingly diminishing returns. There will be quite a few buyers left holding too many bags they can't afford from the looks of it.
@Throwcomputer
You are certainly right, we live in crazy times, not only car wise...
There are two things I would like to steer your attention towards:

I "believe" FSD will be out of Beta in 2024 and it will be a sought after option.
Having FSD price looked in, far below the going rate in 2024, will be an advantage when selling a used or nearly new car.
So even if the CT-factory can ramp up at high speed to >900K units in 2024 the time of "buyers left holding too many bags" will not be that early.

As a European customer we have even more time to "wait and see" how FSD, CT and Robotaxi evolve.
There is a time delay of at least 12-24 Months.

Those are some of the reasons, why I am relaxed and watching how things turn out. With a refunable deposit on several CTs.

MY and M3 are a different beast...... because they are allready in production.
In the US there is an imbalance of supplie and demand at the moment.
This might be eased by Giga-T (exas).
But then again screwd up if the BuildBackBetterPlan, or how ever they might call a revised EV subsidie plan.

But I'm sure you are aware that Germany factory will be cranking out vehicles soon enough. The second hand market will not be the same inflated prices in 2-3 years.
Oh yes I am very aware..... the Giga-B -factory is only 5 hours drive from my home.
Heck I am actively "Osborning" till the 4680/double casting/ Made in Europe MY is available.

The M3LR to tide me over has allready >10000km on the clock and it will be sold in 3 months.

Funny side note to the world:
Germanys newly elected government has prolonged the subsidies for EVs unchanged till 2023.
This means the buy and flip (to Scandinavia) after 6 months game will continue at least till then.
Regardless of Giga-B Production.
Just because of differences in taxation and subsidies.

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The recent increase in FSD price is a proof of my point ..... I think.
Reserve and wait patiently :whistle:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The recent increase in FSD price is a proof of my point ..... I think.
Reserve and wait patiently :whistle:
Tesla has always maintained that FSD prices will increase as we get closer to full functionality. So unless your point was that FSD is getting closer to full functionality, I think you’ve missed the point.

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
Tesla has always maintained that FSD prices will increase as we get closer to full functionality. So unless your point was that FSD is getting closer to full functionality, I think you’ve missed the point.
I think his point was that people who pre-ordered multiple CT's to flip for profit have a longer window with the new FSD price increases considering the only way to profit off of FSD is through a private sale. Assuming people pre-ordered @ the 7k mark they now have a 5k 'advantage' over new vehicles in resale.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Not everyone who preordered multiple vehicles are flippers. There are a number of people who want them as their company fleet vehicles to replace ICE trucks. A lot are buying their own robo-taxi fleets as they assume FSD will be working by then. Others are buying for family members (I wish I had thought of that sooner).

My personal belief is those buying to flip immediately will find that the market won’t be there. People with that kind of money are often smarter and have put the deposit down long ago. I could be wrong. Doubt it.

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
My personal belief is those buying to flip immediately will find that the market won’t be there. People with that kind of money are often smarter and have put the deposit down long ago. I could be wrong. Doubt it.
For any other OEM I would agree, but Tesla has a very large pool of wealthier enthusiasts who aren't particularly worried about wealth preservation.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
A lot of smart people don't even know about the CT. The secondary market will be substantial.
Sponsored