Just received my email for the Foundation, do I need to take it, I want the base with 2 motors

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f250
Occupation
System engineer manager
Country flag
Question - What is the protocol for Not taking the Foundation model, since I want the Base dual motor model? I received an email stating I can design my Foundation model, how can I respectfully request the Base with dual motors, of which won’t be available until next year? Thanks
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
How are we certain you wont loose your place in line. Also do you think passing on FS means after they stop selling FS they go back to early reservation holders

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
How are we certain you wont loose your place in line. Also do you think passing on FS means after they stop selling FS they go back to early reservation holders
One thing is for certain with Tesla nothing is certain.

There's a risk in everything. Take the foundation series, then they improve the battery halfway through the year so the first half of the year trucks resale value goes to crap. Or Tesla decreases the amount of cells and keeps the range of the same. Don't take the foundation series you won't get one for the first year. Then when they go to the standard model they don't go back to beginning of the reservation numbers. It's really anybody's guess.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
I agree with you Tesla does what they think is best for them. Their goal is to maximize sales. A couple days ago I got the email to place FS reservation. I decided to take it and placed an order for CB.

CyberExperience

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
flyingmpartners.com
Vehicles
Jeep Rubicon, Chevy, Porsche , BMW GS, SeaBreezeLX
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
My exact same question. Got the email that I could complete my order. The option is the FS or Beast. Was not really wanting to part with that much cash on a first year vehicle. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
There are several posts on the merits of whether you lose your place in line for the next go around. Consensus based on several reservationists calling Tesla about this leans toward you keep your place in line. The question which remains open rests on if this will be the last year for FS.

steezymcfresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
They’re sending FS invites to Day 3 reservers. If you’re one of the late FS invites, FS priority benefits you a bunch. If you wait for standard orders, you’re going to be way back in the queue.

I was in the first batch of FS invites so I get screwed the most by FS-only orders but will hopefully be one of the first to get a standard orders.
Sponsored