ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I would love to see a cybertruck tug of war against two ford lightnings or rivians lol
Sponsored

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
I am disappointed by the pricing on the dual motor. I thought it would be 10 to 15k less then this.

I do like the specs for the Dual Motor, and there is some interesting stuff from some of the pictures that make me think it will be a great vehicle, but I really need to think about the affordability and if the purchase will make sense or if I should consider other options.
Me too. I have a first day reservation, was hoping for a reasonable price increase.
don’t know if I’ll follow through now.
I also have an early Chevy reservation.
At least I think I have at least 6 months to ponder what to do.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I'm right there with you.

I'm 100% out on FSD which sucks because locked in 7k wouldve been nice.

And im like 50/50 on if i can get the truck at all

Our goal was to keep the Y and be a double tesla house. But at that price i would likely have to get rid of the Y which my wife would not be happy about.

Fingers crossed that I have a big fat raise headed my way

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
1701380343038.png

I boldly stood up and supported Tesla against all those claiming the CT would increase 40% or more.

I shared my view that this would not be a niche vehicle.

That Tesla would be true to their vision and disrupt the truck market by keeping their price within 10% of reveal pricing. That cost of manufacturing and battery materials would offset inflation.

I need to step up now and admit I was wrong.

D@mn, I have to rethink this now. Don't want to knee jerk my reaction but 79k plus 7k for FSD might not be fiscally the right thing for me to do. I'll sit this down for a while and process it.
need one from Crissa too! Lol jk jk

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm right there with you.

I'm 100% out on FSD which sucks because locked in 7k wouldve been nice.

And im like 50/50 on if i can get the truck at all

Our goal was to keep the Y and be a double tesla house. But at that price i would likely have to get rid of the Y which my wife would not be happy about.

Fingers crossed that I have a big fat raise headed my way
Similar for us. I was going to get FSD, but now if I move forward with Cybertruck I wont. Originally I was going to trade in our Model 3, but my wife's car got totalled so our goal changed to keep the Model 3 and just get the Cybertruck with no trade in. We can still do that, but its now right up to the edge of what I can afford and that gives me pause.

I just went ahead and booked an appointment to test drive a Lightning XLT that is going for 55k (mid 40s after incentives they are listing) to see what I think. That is a pretty bare bone model but way better value. There are certain things I think I will like about it, and certain things I think I will dislike (Range, Charging, Infotainment).

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
I will be canceling my reservations, will let you know how long Tesla takes to refund the $$.

Tesla Cybertruck I was wrong 1701394341384

When you CX the order they ask a ton of questions and you have to confirm your request repeatedly.

Last edited:

CT8769

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S
Country flag
I have a very early order. Been a Tesla owner (on my 2nd Model S)
But at this price point - I think I'm out and going to go with the Porsche Taycan.

I can get a 2023 pre-owned with 2,000 miles (fully loaded) for the same price as the base dual motor.

cjcomb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Draftsman
Country flag
1701380343038.png

I boldly stood up and supported Tesla against all those claiming the CT would increase 40% or more.

I shared my view that this would not be a niche vehicle.

That Tesla would be true to their vision and disrupt the truck market by keeping their price within 10% of reveal pricing. That cost of manufacturing and battery materials would offset inflation.

I need to step up now and admit I was wrong.

D@mn, I have to rethink this now. Don't want to knee jerk my reaction but 79k plus 7k for FSD might not be fiscally the right thing for me to do. I'll sit this down for a while and process it.
Right there with ya chief. In some ways I feel I learned a hard lesson. If someone would have said Dual Motor $80k+10k w/FSD+options…let’s just say $95k all in (+taxes/-discount program), I would have been a very very remote observer. A lot of wasted excitement.

I waited 6 weeks to place reservation. I’m glad I did hold-off lol. Maybe early adoption premium will fade by the time I have to pull trigger.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
So what do you really get for the extra 20k 27.5k, for the CyberBeast? Speed and power. Can you tow more? Can you carry more payload? And yet your range drops. Sounds like the All-Wheel CT is the best option....
I agree. Is the ability to beat any other car lining up next to you worth the extra 27.5K? I can’t lie. Part of me wants it for that reason and because it’s the top trim. I’m getting it primarily to pull my boat because we’re getting away from ICE vehicles. For the difference in price between the two I may be able to get the range extender, wrap and FSD. 🤷🏾 That would be a value.
Sponsored