I was wrong

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck I was wrong 1701380343038

I boldly stood up and supported Tesla against all those claiming the CT would increase 40% or more.

I shared my view that this would not be a niche vehicle.

That Tesla would be true to their vision and disrupt the truck market by keeping their price within 10% of reveal pricing. That cost of manufacturing and battery materials would offset inflation.

I need to step up now and admit I was wrong.

D@mn, I have to rethink this now. Don't want to knee jerk my reaction but 79k plus 7k for FSD might not be fiscally the right thing for me to do. I'll sit this down for a while and process it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I had a sneaking suspicion the price for the top-tier would be $99k.

I'm doing a little bit of soul searching... and placed another order today juuuust to be sure.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
D@mn, I have to rethink this now. Don't want to knee jerk my reaction but 79k plus 7k for FSD might not be fiscally the right thing for me to do. I'll sit this down for a while and process it.
Something to ponder: If the new $7500 tax credit didn't exist, and the All-wheel-drive model was MSRP at $72,500, would you be as upset about the pricing?

Aces-Truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Prius
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
So what do you really get for the extra 20k 27.5k, for the CyberBeast? Speed and power. Can you tow more? Can you carry more payload? And yet your range drops. Sounds like the All-Wheel CT is the best option....

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
1701380343038.png

I boldly stood up and supported Tesla against all those claiming the CT would increase 40% or more.

I shared my view that this would not be a niche vehicle.

That Tesla would be true to their vision and disrupt the truck market by keeping their price within 10% of reveal pricing. That cost of manufacturing and battery materials would offset inflation.

I need to step up now and admit I was wrong.

Good for you for posting this! We’ve all seen our share of debates on pricing. I was one of those who thought it would be expensive (not cheaper than the competition) but even I was still bit surprised on what came out today especially with all the recent price cuts across the Tesla model lineup.

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Something to ponder: If the new $7500 tax credit didn't exist, and the All-wheel-drive model was MSRP at $72,500, would you be as upset about the pricing?
I don't believe I ever mentioned being upset but 72,500 is still a big jump from 49,900. This is just realigning my processing of this possible purchase.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
So what do you really get for the extra 20k 27.5k, for the CyberBeast? Speed and power. Can you tow more? Can you carry more payload? And yet your range drops. Sounds like the All-Wheel CT is the best option....
You get a ton of power and speed. To be honest I think it’s maybe one of the best values across the lineup I don’t think there’s another truck EV that has a ground clearance and speed so it puts it in the number one spot- alone.
if you’re after similar performance, you’d be paying more.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag

Elon opened himself up for a lawsuit when he said “in reality you can put a lot more than 2500lbs in the bed”

I do not qualify for the tax credit

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am disappointed by the pricing on the dual motor. I thought it would be 10 to 15k less then this.

I do like the specs for the Dual Motor, and there is some interesting stuff from some of the pictures that make me think it will be a great vehicle, but I really need to think about the affordability and if the purchase will make sense or if I should consider other options.

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
On the bright side, my crystal ball may end up being right on delivery date.

With the dual motor at 79k my 74k inline reservation spot might shoot right up the line.

Tesla Cybertruck I was wrong 1701382130737

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Maybe you can enlighten us with something specific
Sponsored