Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD, 2017 Chevrolet Volt,
Occupation
Retired Web Programmer
Country flag
"The Ford Mustang Mach-E was named SUV of the year in the latest signal the new crossover will give Tesla a run for its money" Not only is the Mach-E more expensive than a Model Y it is less efficient. TCO is much higher. See video by Lars Strandridder here. " The NACTOY Awards are judged by a panel of 50 automotive journalists, who narrowed down 43 eligible vehicles to three winners based on segment leadership, innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction, and value." I'm supposed to be impressed?
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
"The Ford Mustang Mach-E was named SUV of the year in the latest signal the new crossover will give Tesla a run for its money" Not only is the Mach-E more expensive than a Model Y it is less efficient. TCO is much higher. See video by Lars Strandridder here. " The NACTOY Awards are judged by a panel of 50 automotive journalists, who narrowed down 43 eligible vehicles to three winners based on segment leadership, innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction, and value." I'm supposed to be impressed?
They don't include Tesla because Tesla doesn't pay them to be included.

OP
OP
mlhartley

mlhartley

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD, 2017 Chevrolet Volt,
Occupation
Retired Web Programmer
Country flag
If you are a Mercedes owner, does it give you warm fuzzies knowing that part of your purchase price included the naming rights to domed stadiums in Atlanta and New Orleans? Mercedes used to be an engineering company. The marketers took control a few decades ago.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
So they're saying the 2021 Mustang Mach-E that they still don't have at the dealerships to buy near the end of January. That's the 2020 SUV of the year? Hmmmmmm

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Big sarcasm bomb incoming...

Wait....journalists, who get zero access to Tesla because it doesn't even have a communications department and who also get shit on by its CEO, are mad at Tesla? Whaaaat??

Btw, also from the same "awards"

Insider's Car of the Year was a non-Tesla EV as well. The hybrid Polestar 1 and all-electric Polestar 2 jointly snagged Insider's highest automotive honor, while Porsche's battery-powered super sedan, the Taycan, was a runner up.
And what the hell, it's a CUV. Not only is it not rated for towing (in the US), it's ride height is too low for anything but paved roads. My issue is that they came out with a reasonably good first vehicle except the fanboys and execs are making it into something isn't, for example, it isn't a Mustang.

They should have just made a new category, "Best new kid in the block" and give it to them first. Boom, done.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How is it a utility vehicle if it has a low,ride-height?

That makes my Honda Civic hatchback into a utility vehicle at that point. I treated it as such, but sheesh.

-Crissa
Sponsored