HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Your wife drives a Japanese ICE car when she could be driving a Tesla?

Ha! I guess she's paying a high price for being judgmental about others opinions and their right to express them. The loss is hers alone. That Tesla she could have will simply go to someone else!

I can't imagine going back to an ICE car!
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The future of the human race is in Elon's hands. At least, he's said that our survival requires transitioning to sustainable energy, and making like interplanetary, both things he is working on.

If his words are jeopardizing those efforts, then he is acting counter to his own stated goals.
The evidence shows Elon is actually accelerating the transition to sustainable energy and his comments are helping bring people on board who normally would never consider it. Even if his comments were reducing demand, that would just make the cars more affordable to more people.

Demand is more sensitive to price than to the comments of the CEO of the company who makes the cars.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
He seemed pissed about working from home issue too. on that I don’t agree. I see my wife skipping lunch often and work passed quitting time often. She saves four hours of commute every day and a large amount of fossil fuel and pollution every year. Not driving will do more for environment than driving EVs.
There is something to be said about giving engineers access to production, and vice versa, so they work together.

Aside from that, I agree with you. And that access can be done with all-hands days and events and good chat/virtualization.

Your wife drives a Japanese ICE car when she could be driving a Tesla?
Not buying a car is cheaper than buying a car. A new EV will take alot longer to beat the cost of a car in hand. Like, a decade or so.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not saying you should try to change her mind, I'm saying the loss is hers alone.

BTW, I have no idea what a MCOL is. Like Elon Musk, I detest the over-use of acronymns.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Today I took in the Pacifica PHEV for a recall. At the dealer I saw something inconceivable to me.
They have a Dodge TRX pick-up with a sticker price of $160,473. The MSRP is $106,443 plus a bunch of dealer's add-ons and their added markup of $50,000. (no, I didn't consider buying from this dealer).

It's inconceivable that they still are after that size of markup, and someone would even consider paying that price for a pick-up!!!!

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
My wife is not a big fan either. I on the other hand sell my soul to devil himself if I could get a good deal. I agree with HaulingAss. Having principals is such a big weakness ;) I am concerned about long term implications of owning an out of warranty CT more than Elon's ideology. Especially after seeing this kinda stuff on the news:

https://electrek.co/2023/05/15/tesl...miting-cars-battery-capacity-software-update/

How much of CT will I own after purchase? will my relationship with CT be all physical while it's heart and mind belong to Elon?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Mary Barra, Jim Farley, Tim Cook .... there is no big company CEO I can think of who engages in the politics and personalities tweet nonsense. They have chosen to put others above their own desire to scratch the itch.
Yet from a substantive standpoint Elon is stratospheres above all three of those 'CEOs' put together - because in decades, neither of them brought EVs into the mainstream like Elon, neither of them made engineering work for reusable rocket boosters coming back to land, and certainly neither of them have engaged challenges of innovation or advanced the mission of sustainability like Elon Musk has.

Funny thing about innovation is, that some people don't care or appreciate all the real work that goes into it, but they just want the results because they're greedy. So when someone like Elon actually deserves more respect, certain people don't really respect him because in truth they don't know or understand the painful complex details of what he's actually accomplished. They mentally diminish Elon's work and accomplishments and then disrespect him if he dares to assert a little bit of a basic human right.

The elephant in that 'interview' (and many other interviews) is that every smug anchor or so-called 'journalist' presumes to have the over-bearing right to broadcast instantly to the whole world every single day anything that they want to say, or anything that their management wants them to say. Yet in their mind Elon or people like us are somehow beneath them and thus do not have the same right to do that??

So they sit there smugly and presume to impress upon Elon that he somehow does not have that same right to express himself like 'they' do. Everything that anchor was trying to say about Elon, could be said about thousands of other MSM content put out daily as well. The sheer magnitude of hypocrisy and arrogance from talking-heads attempting to suppress Elon's comfort to tweet or express a thought, is truly mind-boggling.

The anchor and MSM, are attempting to suppress notions of independent journalism, because they see it as a check and balance to strongly limit their ability to propagate false narratives. That's what the anchor questioning Elon's tweets is really about, regardless of the other reasons he attempted to portray. It's not about anyone's particular tweet even though they pretend to focus on that; it's really about anyone's ability to tweet at all period.

I've never been on Twitter and even I can see this very clearly.

No one's expression will always resonate positive with 100 percent of people, but they still have 100 percent of their rights to express regardless. Immense respect to Elon. For American citizens the First Amendment is not optional, because it is a legally guaranteed and sacred right. It's not something to observe only when you happen to like what's being said or expressed.

- ÆCIII

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Yet from a substantive standpoint Elon is stratospheres above all three of those 'CEOs' put together - because in decades, neither of them brought EVs into the mainstream like Elon, neither of them made engineering work for reusable rocket boosters coming back to land, and certainly neither of them have engaged challenges of innovation or advanced the mission of sustainability like Elon Musk has.

Funny thing about innovation is, that some people don't care or appreciate all the real work that goes into it, but they just want the results because they're greedy. So when someone like Elon actually deserves more respect, certain people don't really respect him because in truth they don't know or understand the painful complex details of what he's actually accomplished. They mentally diminish Elon's work and accomplishments and then disrespect him if he dares to assert a little bit of a basic human right.

The elephant in that 'interview' (and many other interviews) is that every smug anchor or so-called 'journalist' presumes to have the over-bearing right to broadcast instantly to the whole world every single day anything that they want to say, or anything that their management wants them to say. Yet in their mind Elon or people like us are somehow beneath them and thus do not have the same right to do that??

So they sit there smugly and presume to impress upon Elon that he somehow does not have that same right to express himself like 'they' do. Everything that anchor was trying to say about Elon, could be said about thousands of other MSM content put out daily as well. The sheer magnitude of hypocrisy and arrogance from talking-heads attempting to suppress Elon's comfort to tweet or express a thought, is truly mind-boggling.

The anchor and MSM, are attempting to suppress notions of independent journalism, because they see it as a check and balance to strongly limit their ability to propagate false narratives. That's what the anchor questioning Elon's tweets is really about, regardless of the other reasons he attempted to portray. It's not about anyone's particular tweet even though they pretend to focus on that; it's really about anyone's ability to tweet at all period.

I've never been on Twitter and even I can see this very clearly.

No one's expression will always resonate positive with 100 percent of people, but they still have 100 percent of their rights to express regardless. Immense respect to Elon. For American citizens the First Amendment is not optional, because it is a legally guaranteed and sacred right. It's not something to observe only when you happen to like what's being said or expressed.

- ÆCIII
I didn't get the impression that the interviewer was challenging Elon's right to express himself. He was questioning his "choice" to express himself given his status and the consequence. The reason I have the luxury to say whatever I want here is not that I have more right to free speach than Elon does. It is because there is not much of a consequence to what I say and not many care one way or another. I think Elon's response was direct and appropriate. As one of the most powerful men on the planet, he feels he should have the same power as I do in expressing himself regardless of the consequence. A very valid point of view. I would personally make a different choice and protect the bottom line instead but I fully respect his choice.

On a side note, tesla made it partly because people admired him so we can't complain if Tesla takes a hit because some people don't like him.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I didn't get the impression that the interviewer was challenging Elon's right to express himself. He was questioning his "choice" to express himself given his status and the consequence. The reason I have the luxury to say whatever I want here is not that I have more right to free speach than Elon does. It is because there is not much of a consequence to what I say and not many care one way or another. I think Elon's response was direct and appropriate. As one of the most powerful men on the planet, he feels he should have the same power as I do in expressing himself regardless of the consequence. A very valid point of view. I would personally make a different choice and protect the bottom line instead but I fully respect his choice.

On a side note, tesla made it partly because people admired him so we can't complain if Tesla takes a hit because some people don't like him.
All speech may have consequences depending on who is listening, because again no expression will resonate positive with everyone.

The fact that they point out obvious consequences to Elon that he already thoroughly knows, is very insulting actually, but they're not doing it to remind him; they're trying to exaggerate the degree or distort a perception of so-called consequences for their own agendas.

But the worst consequence of all, is to be fearful to the point of not speaking at all, because that is internal self-suppression instilled by external oppression, which strongly seems to be the aim of the MSM and corporate factions toward people today.

If you're fearful to engage expression or life because you're worried about what others may think of you or what they might do, then you've already surrendered and are allowing others to control you.

Elon knows consequences more than anybody, as he's endured probably more consequences than most. But, it's each person's right to accept the consequences or be fearful of them.

It's far better to express freely and endure the consequences if one chooses, than being fearful not to express at all.

The MSM aim to please corporations and control people, so people should discard the MSM completely.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Nobody says Elon does not have a right to say what he wants. The U.S. government is not preventing him or anyone else from freely speaking.
While complaining about free speech his words are being broadcast to millions.

Sometimes Elon is not acting like a responsible adult.
I have a lot of rights too that I do not exercise, not because I do not have the rights, not because I am afraid.

Responsible adults know that great power ( or huge megaphone) comes with responsibilities because you can affect thousands or millions of lives. The bigger megaphone you have the more thought and effort should be spent making sure you are accurate.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. — 1 Corinthians 13:11, King James Version.

Here is some thing that really bugged me about free speech and rich people.
For example, Bill O'Reilly broadcasting that nobody knows what causes the ocean tides. (Scientists and teachers have known for hundreds of years).
Bill O'Reilly & the station have the money to find correct answers.
Joe Shmoo on the street does not have the resources and should not be expected to be accurate to the same level.

Elon has billions of $. Why doesn't he have professional research teams to investigate things he is personally interested in.

Elon is so worried about George Soros but Elon has rarely ever directly publically named any of the hundreds of billionaires that fund misinformation about climate change, control companies that actively pollute the air and water, poison the health of billions of people.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
ÆCIII, you're getting awful close to relitigating what closed the last thread, where what he said was mentioned and the pattern of antisemitism he was following.

Let's not go there. We agreed to limits of our free speech to discuss trucks here.

-Crissa
Sponsored