Interior Options and Seat Configurations?

warowl

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently F150, hopefully cybertruck next!
Country flag
Hey Everyone!

I am a current F-150 owner, very excited to get a CT, I have a couple interior questions. So far on the CT interior, the front seats are bench style. Do you think they will offer an option to have a center console and 2 captains chairs in the front? Also, a steering wheel that you can hold from the top? Not sure about most, but I drive with one hand at 12 usually, I know so many issues, but its my sin.

Thanks!
Sponsored

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I believe that most people believe that the steering wheel will be normalized to be round. As far as the seats go, I don't feel there will be any options, other than the standard seats, you may be able to have heated, and hopefully cooled, but the seats will most likely be set.

EpiKAC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 SR+, Cybertruck dual motor reservation
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I am willing to bet that the center front seat will double as a console with some amount of storage when folded down.

Disclaimer: No evidence to back up my theory other than good design.

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
Hey Everyone!

I am a current F-150 owner, very excited to get a CT, I have a couple interior questions. So far on the CT interior, the front seats are bench style. Do you think they will offer an option to have a center console and 2 captains chairs in the front? Also, a steering wheel that you can hold from the top? Not sure about most, but I drive with one hand at 12 usually, I know so many issues, but its my sin.

Thanks!
Of course I can't find the picture now, but I have seen a picture of the center seat folded down and there are 3 cupholders on the back of it as well as a center console-ish bin you can open and store stuff in.

I had the same question though. Where will I put my phone and charge it? There doesn't seem to be anything similar to the center console on the other Teslas where you can store / charge your personal electronics.

As far as the steering wheel goes, I don't believe that in the united states a vehicles can be delivered without a full (circle) steering wheel. You can add one (like we saw in the CT videos) when you get it home, but I don't believe they can sell you one like that.

Also, I would personally prefer 2 captain's chairs and a center console.

Edit: Also now that I think about it, they do offer differing interior configurations for all their other vehicles... Let's cross our fingers bucket seats and a center console are an option.

And I found this image from TruckTrend. Shows the cup holders but not that padded arm rest open.
Tesla Cybertruck Interior Options and Seat Configurations? Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Interior-Front-Seats-and-Center-Console

Last edited:

OP
OP

warowl

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thats not a bad look with the folded seat, I remember my dad having one in an old truck of his.

piperwarrior99

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F450
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
hi, i am a current Ford F450 owner and love my centre console. I actually follow a YouTube channel called nowyouknow and they usually do an hour long show once a week and during the show they have a segment of questions tweets posted by people asking about CT and other tesla related stuff and Elon replies. One of their show had a tweet asking about optional centre console and Elon replied saying there could be and option for no seat as some one pointed that usually anyone seating in front of the large screen would put their front hand on it as support in case of emergency breaking. That could break that main screen. I definitely do not what that to happen. Also Elon tweeted the front seats will be ventilated seates meaning cooling seats.

OP
OP

warowl

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Paul, I like watching the nowyouknow guys too, I must have missed that episode, do you have a link to it?

thejohnllama

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2007 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Marketing Consultant
Country flag
Hey Everyone!

Thanks!
I’m pretty much opposite, left hand at 7

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
A lot of new trucks still do this. My Fathers 2018 has a fold down center with storage under the middle seat portion and inside the console. We constantly use the six seat feature. I hope Cybertruck is the same! I dont see why not.. pretty standard stuff.

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
As far as interior options go, I want premium sound, heated seats (please God let the CT get a heated steering wheel (don't knock it till you've tried it)), and a 5-passenger option (bucket seats with a center console for storage / charging of personal electronics etc.).

I love and adore my wife, but a barrier between us can be handy! Especially on the way to visit the Inlaws (we're usually too tired / stressed to argue or fight afterwards)!

The only work I plan on accomplishing with this truck is getting supplies from Lowe's / Home Depot to my house and getting our camping gear from the house to a camping spot. It might go through some mud and trees and puddles... I swear! Don't judge me!!! I live in New England!!!

Anyway... I've seen some things on this thread that I also like! Ventilated seats would be awesome! Never personally owned a vehicle that cooled my butt! Don't get me wrong... I'll take a 6-seater... As long as the technology currently available in every other Tesla is also available in the CT!

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
Heated steering wheel is awesome! I’d like to see some sort of charging spot for your phone and at least a glove box.

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I think ventilated front seats with fold down console would be good. I’d also like an easily removable back seat.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey Everyone!

Thanks!
Yeah....agree....need only two super comfortable seats in front and a fully loaded console. Make the seats in the back removable and interchangeable for tools. I see (and know of) so many one-man-gang guys (single owner, driver, contractor guys) that NEVER carry passengers in the back seat. They would love a rear compartment to store valuable hand and power tools while the vault is kept free to haul lumber, trash, whatever. Half the pickups I see have a big galvanized toolbox bolted-in just behind the cab. All those tools could be in the "back seat" freeing up the vault for carrying junk. Keep the back seat for soccer moms and large construction companies that use the vehicle to ferry multiple guys to and from a job site. But give the one-man-gang an option to haul tools inside the cab.
Sponsored