Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I'm cautiously optimistic that this means the AWD and Beast will come with the A/T (Premium) Wheel & Tire setup? For confirmation does the code for AWD/Beast align with the wheel/tire code from the Foundation series?

Not super stoked if I have to purchase them separately (and end up with two sets of wheels and tires) to still qualify for the CO $5K Tax Credit (<80K MSRP; No Income Limits). From what I can tell (and have learned from this forum) any physical options would push the AWD over the MSRP barrier.
It does for now.

Totally possible it changes

I don't see tire selection though, just wheels. And right now they match.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
It does for now.

Totally possible it changes

I don't see tire selection though, just wheels. And right now they match.
That's comforting enough for now! Thanks for the quick reply and insightful thread from a fellow CT enthusiast to the north! (Gleneagle)
Looks like you replied before I edited lol so I am quoting for you to see it

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Looks like you replied before I edited lol so I am quoting for you to see it
Thanks for that! It would seem though that the wheels and tires are (at least for now) matched together. I care less about the AT tire (though it is preferable) and more about having the infamous Cyberwheel/Aerocap that goes much better with the overall look of the vehicle (IMO).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm cautiously optimistic that this means the AWD and Beast will come with the A/T (Premium) Wheel & Tire setup? For confirmation does the code for AWD/Beast align with the wheel/tire code from the Foundation series?

Not super stoked if I have to purchase them separately (and end up with two sets of wheels and tires) to still qualify for the CO $5K Tax Credit (<80K MSRP; No Income Limits). From what I can tell (and have learned from this forum) any physical options would push the AWD over the MSRP barrier.
while plans are always subject to change based on how Musk feels a given day:

best assumption for now, with respect to the retail ā€˜normalā€™ units (not Foundarion units):

Cyberbeast will come with premium wheel+Goodyear+matching aerocap combo standard ( option of swapping the Goodyear tire for the Pirelli AS tire)

whereas normal dual motor will come with the ā€œbaseā€ wheel and Goodyear (option for swapping for the Pirelli)

unknown what cost deltas will be

But if youā€™re advertising the AWD and CYberbeast range (320/340) based on the Pirelli street tire, itā€™ll need to be either standard or option on both/either

Meanwhile the wheels are called ā€œbaseā€ and ā€œpremiumā€ for a reason

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
while plans are always subject to change based on how Musk feels a given day:

best assumption for now, with respect to the retail ā€˜normalā€™ units (not Foundarion units):

Cyberbeast will come with premium wheel+Goodyear+matching aerocap combo standard ( option of swapping the Goodyear tire for the Pirelli AS tire)

whereas normal dual motor will come with the ā€œbaseā€ wheel and Goodyear (option for swapping for the Pirelli)

unknown what cost deltas will be

But if youā€™re advertising the AWD and CYberbeast range (320/340) based on the Pirelli street tire, itā€™ll need to be either standard or option on both/either

Meanwhile the wheels are called ā€œbaseā€ and ā€œpremiumā€ for a reason
Do we know if one could say order four of the "Premium" Aerocaps and put those on the base wheel? (As silly as it may seem, the wheel is unseen so it's honestly more about the AeroCaps themselves . . . unless there is some other massive wheel benefit between the two that I am unaware of.) They seem congruent enough but obviously not certain just from a photo. At the end of the day, it seems a silly exercise to purchase a truck for just under $80K to qualify for a $5000 Tax credit then turn around and buy a whole set of wheels and tires separately. If that's what it will take I'm gonna have to mull over whether the credit plus the premium cost at order is worth the hassle and need to store four giant wheels and tires in my garage. Silver lining is I end up with four spares I guess . . .

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Do we know if one could say order four of the "Premium" Aerocaps and put those on the base wheel? (As silly as it may seem, the wheel is unseen so it's honestly more about the AeroCaps themselves . . . unless there is some other massive wheel benefit between the two that I am unaware of.) They seem congruent enough but obviously not certain just from a photo. At the end of the day, it seems a silly exercise to purchase a truck for just under $80K to qualify for a $5000 Tax credit then turn around and buy a whole set of wheels and tires separately. If that's what it will take I'm gonna have to mull over whether the credit plus the premium cost at order is worth the hassle and need to store four giant wheels and tires in my garage. Silver lining is I end up with four spares I guess . . .
I think the aero caps are already listed on the accessories webpage - like $75 a piece

the install rings (that attach to the rims) are identical between the two aero caps

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
I think the aero caps are already listed on the accessories webpage - like $75 a piece

the install rings (that attach to the rims) are identical between the two aero caps
If the Aerocaps are in fact interchangeable then that could be a more amenable solution. Bonus if there is not a cost difference in selecting between the Goodyear and the Pirelli. That does leave me curious though, what is the difference between the Premium and Base wheels then? If they are available with either tire and can both be used with either Aerocap then I'm struggling to come up with a reason for a variation. Especially considering they look largely the same otherwise.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If the Aerocaps are in fact interchangeable then that could be a more amenable solution. Bonus if there is not a cost difference in selecting between the Goodyear and the Pirelli. That does leave me curious though, what is the difference between the Premium and Base wheels then? If they are available with either tire and can both be used with either Aerocap then I'm struggling to come up with a reason for a variation. Especially considering they look largely the same otherwise.
There will likely be some cool aftermarket ones too. You could get some for your Y or 3 rn lol

https://a.co/d/glOCHvB

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That does leave me curious though, what is the difference between the Premium and Base wheels then? If they are available with either tire and can both be used with either Aerocap then I'm struggling to come up with a reason for a variation. Especially considering they look largely the same otherwise.
Because some people wonā€™t want to run aero covers at all, and others will want to take them off now and then for eg off-roading (theyā€™ll get beat up if not destroyed)

premium wheel + Goodyear

Tesla Cybertruck Site code exploration: (Interior options?) + Wireless charging C771E7C0-0C37-461F-A706-C0E8C7687C88

Goodyear matched aero cover (design weā€™ve seen a lot of)

Tesla Cybertruck Site code exploration: (Interior options?) + Wireless charging BE5CB97B-6905-4A1A-9F1B-ED7EFCF72A86

base wheel +Pirelli AS tire
Tesla Cybertruck Site code exploration: (Interior options?) + Wireless charging D047160E-9988-4982-818A-77FDC5FC198E

Pirelli matched aero covers (no protrusion over sidewall)

Tesla Cybertruck Site code exploration: (Interior options?) + Wireless charging 11686A34-22C1-4BC6-BA0B-936B46016519

Here are the aero cover ring attachment assemblies, which mount to the wheel and allow the aero covers to snap into place in any 360Ā° orientation (so that at least on the Goodyears the aero design pattern can be matched to the sidewall pattern
)

Tesla Cybertruck Site code exploration: (Interior options?) + Wireless charging D30D8780-C43B-41CF-A512-B8A11C498096

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag