ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
Considering that Rivian truck is 7,158lbs and Ford F150 EV is 6,170 Lbs, both under 3.5t, what do you think the weight of the Cybertruck will be?

NOTE: I would like to take my US Cybertruck for a vacation to EU however limits on my US driver's license (C class) are equivalent to only 3.5t in EU, by weight Should I bother with Class A or B CDL license or bet on the fact that Cybertruck will be under 3.5t? I don't want to go back to school and I am afraid of big rigs. :) Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think its unlikely that the CT will be under 3500kg GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) seeing that it has the capacity to load 1587kg in the bed itself. This would mean the Cybertruck would have to weigh 1913kg empty. For comparison the Model X Plaid weighs 2444kg and is smaller in size, an does not have the same payload capacity. EU rules are max 3500kg GVM and not empty. In Australia it's a much more reasonable 4500kg, but in Germany it used to be 7500kg on older licenses.

If the CT would weigh around 2500kg then a 1000kg payload would just get it to scrape in under the limit. I'm expecting it to be around 2700kg, and even their a more limiting 800kg payload would make it work. This way the same Cybertruck could just be rated differently on paper, but be technically the same and still be driven on a car license in Europe.

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
OP
OP

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
I think its unlikely that the CT will be under 3500kg GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) seeing that it has the capacity to load 1587kg in the bed itself. This would mean the Cybertruck would have to weigh 1913kg empty. For comparison the Model X Plaid weighs 2444kg and is smaller in size, an does not have the same payload capacity. EU rules are max 3500kg GVM and not empty. In Australia it's a much more reasonable 4500kg, but in Germany it used to be 7500kg on older licenses.

If the CT would weigh around 2500kg then a 1000kg payload would just get it to scrape in under the limit. I'm expecting it to be around 2700kg, and even their a more limiting 800kg payload would make it work. This way the same Cybertruck could just be rated differently on paper, but be technically the same and still be driven on a car license in Europe.
Thank you for the explanation.