Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Hi,

Question for anyone here that might be able give their opinion. My reservation number is, RN113530685 Dual Motor with FSD (reserved in June 2020). I know there is an insane number of orders and need to purchase a car in 2021. I’m willing to wait until late 2021 as long as I’m likely to get it in time.
I assume that with my reservation number my order I might not receive mine until 2022 sometime? Is it worth keeping my reservation with me needing to purchase a car in 2021?
You can always suck it up like I did. I'm roughly 70,000 for a dual motor. Planned on driving my 2006 Chrysler 300 C in the meantime but the Hemi broke a piston, sending it to the boneyard. Now I drive my 1993 Dodge Ram 150. A real beater that has spent it's life parked in the pasture. Runs great. Paid for. I'm the only doctor in the state driving an unrestored antique farm truck for primary transportation while waiting on my CT. Buying a new one would deplete my CT savings. Financing another would put me upside down about the time my CT is ready. I'm practical, not proud. Drive that great running beater and get the CT too. I'll keep the beater after I get the CT too likely.
Sponsored

OP
OP

CyborgTrk

First Name
Kamarii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Thank you to everyone who responded this has been very helpful. I’m at the point of contemplating keeping my reservation and possibly getting a Corvette C8 2021. — as much as i love the Cybertruck and spent months fantasizing what it would be like pulling up in the bulletproof truck version of the DeLorean it seems I was so late with my reservation 500K+ people will already have theirs before me and I’d literally have to be Charles’s for 3 years from the time I actually placed my order. - not sure how worth it is after considering everything.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Thank you to everyone who responded this has been very helpful. I’m at the point of contemplating keeping my reservation and possibly getting a Corvette C8 2021. — as much as i love the Cybertruck and spent months fantasizing what it would be like pulling up in the bulletproof truck version of the DeLorean it seems I was so late with my reservation 500K+ people will already have theirs before me and I’d literally have to be Charles’s for 3 years from the time I actually placed my order. - not sure how worth it is after considering everything.
Why not get and M3P? way better than a corvette

realnumbersix

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Taurus SHO
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
You are not getting your Cybertruck in 2021. Based on your RN number you are somewhere around the 780k mark. You maybe able to get it, depending on region and cancellations, sometime in mid-2023.
How do you know he's around 780k mark? What did they start at? Mine is RN112841288

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
it has been rumored that Tesla places prior Tesla buyer reservations over non-Tesla owner reservations. Only a Tesla insider would know.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
it has been rumored that Tesla places prior Tesla buyer reservations over non-Tesla owner reservations. Only a Tesla insider would know.
Yes, when they're trying to make sure vehicles go to those inclined to give good reviews or know how to navigate repairs/updates.

But not sure how far that really reaches.

-Crissa
Sponsored