Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
The Antonov An-225 Mriya is the biggest of them all. It holds the world record for the largest single-item payload, 418,834 pounds, as well as the record for total airlifted payload—559,577 pounds, or 280 tons.

From Wiki:

During the night of 18/19 January 2021, concrete foundations for three Giga Press machines were poured at the Giga Texas factory location near Austin, Texas.[32][33] (30.22°N 97.617°W)

On 21 January 2021 the first Giga Press components started to arrive on site.[34][35]

On 22 January 2021 the base frame of the first Giga Press was unboxed and moved into position.[36] By the end of January 2021 one compression platten had been lifted into place, with the other two ready for craning.[37]

As of 2 February 2021, all major components of the first Giga Press at the Austin site has been craned into place.[38]

On 15 April 2021, components for a second Giga Press started arriving at Giga Texas.[39]

Just spitballing here but I doubt if the giga presses are shipped as one unit.
They are made up of several components that are shipped together (when possible) and then assembled using bridge cranes and heavy duty forklifts.

If the project engineers foresaw a shipping bottleneck and recommended shipping the presses by air using the Antonov or similar heavy lift aircraft the funds would be budgeted to keep the project on time. Tesla is literally floating in a sea of cash and getting Austin ramped up for the Model Y and Cybertruck is surely being fast tracked.
Just my opinion......my logistic experience is limited to military operations where material can move at light speed or at the speed of smell.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Specific numbers? No... but I heard from an inside source that the crates are classified as "relatively heavy"
The link I provided gave weight ranges. Massive. 3.5 tons to 70 tons for each box (22 boxes).
Sponsored