Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
General Motors posted a narrower-than-expected second-quarter loss. The coronavirus pandemic shuttered its factories and pummeled sales.

GM posted a second-quarter adjusted loss of $758 million, or 50 cents a share, vs. adjusted earnings of $2.4 billion, or $1.64 a share, in the same period a year ago. Analysts polled by FactSet had been expecting an adjusted loss of $1.77 a share.

Sales fell 53% to $16.8 billion, though still came in higher than analysts' estimates of $16.2 billion.

All automakers suffered a double-hit of production shutdowns due to the pandemic and drop-off in demand for new vehicles as consumers put off large-scale purchases. GM said earlier this month that second-quarter U.S. vehicle sales fell 34% from a year ago.

"We will continue to drive the necessary change throughout the company to enable growth as we prepare to deliver a world with zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion," GM CEO Mary Barra said in the company's earnings statement.

Tesla, currently the world's biggest automaker by market capitalization, last week reported stronger-than-expected earnings and sales, and also provided positive news about delivery projections and GAAP profits.

Jim Cramer thinks that Tesla's the name to watch when it comes to car makers, and says that he's not calling the top.

Source:The Street
Sponsored

Last edited:

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
While I still prefer the shape of the Cybertruck, and that brilliant Exoskeleton, a number of functional attributes of the Hummer look very enticing, if not overwhelmingly compelling.

Latest Hummer promotion is out and it looks interesting !
It has a few advantages over the Cybertruck !

Shorter length. (Metro Practical, Parking, Versatile )
Shorter wheelbase. ( Off-roading / racing capable )
Pickup functionality looks to interchangeably become an SUV.
Removable glass roof above front passengers
15,592 Nm vs Cybertruck Tri Motor at approx. 11,000 Nm

If the rumoured 400 mile range is true, and the price is similar to the Dual Motor Cybertruck, It may be enough to sway me.
(The bonus will be 0-60 in 3.0 sec, will mean Tri Motor acceleration for Dual Motor price)

Elon, its been 7 months where is the confirmation of the International spec'd Cybertruck ?

P.S.

And production starts in fall of 2021 in an existing factory, that looks to beat out the Cybertruck start date.
I'm about 250,000th in the Cybertruck cue, I may take the opportunity and jump the cue a little.

Especially as the Zombie apocalypse is fast approaching, there's a weird orange brain dead creature that drinks and injects itself with bleach and other poison and spews verbal bile, that's scaring people in the street.

Yep, I just convinced myself, one Hummer reservation coming right up.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
P.S.

And production starts in fall of 2021 in an existing factory, that looks to beat out the Cybertruck start date.
I'm about 250,000th in the Cybertruck cue, I may take the opportunity and jump the cue a little.

Especially as the Zombie apocalypse is fast approaching, there's a weird orange brain dead creature that drinks and injects itself with bleach and other poison and spews verbal bile, that's scaring people in the street.

Bye Felicia!

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Relaaax hillbilly boy . . . . . . I ainā€™t fur shurre yet .

Why donā€™cha go play with the Gimp and your banjo, while I mull it over summ more.

Eenie, Meenie, Mynnie Moe . . . . . :ROFLMAO:

Indecision is a sure sign of weakness and fragility.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Indecision is a sure sign of weakness and fragility.
Yes, It sometimes can be.

But in the absence of a number of fundamental attributes being known, not least of which is price,
it is stupid to make a decision either way !

In the absence of any time constraints, its stupid and unnecessary to rush into a decision.

Only prudent to consider all options in the market, and this is a worthy contender.

When we finally see what it looks like, when its actually presented to the world, and a price, range and many, many other details that still need to be revealed, the smart will give it due consideration and then decide.

While the Tesla sycophants, in their ignorance will keep their head in the sand or in Elon's orifice ;)

P.S. And in due course we'll also see and evaluate the international Cybertruck, when its revealed.

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
While I still prefer the shape of the Cybertruck, and that brilliant Exoskeleton, a number of functional attributes of the Hummer look very enticing, if not overwhelmingly compelling.

If the rumoured 400 mile range is true, and the price is similar to the Dual Motor Cybertruck, It may be enough to sway me.
(The bonus will be 0-60 in 3.0 sec, will mean Tri Motor acceleration for Dual Motor price)

Elon, its been 7 months where is the confirmation of the International spec'd Cybertruck ?

P.S.

"Nothing's dumber than a Hummer" still applies. So long, 3mm SS exo...

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
"Nothing's dumber than a Hummer" still applies. So long, 3mm SS exo...
Sigh . . . . . When I was much younger, I let go of a Girlfriend with big breasts, I learnt its the overall package that counts. ( haven't you learnt that yet !)

Yeah, that 3mm SS exoskeleton I will lament from time to time, as I lament other things too :cool:

But hang on a minute, I remember now, I haven't made up my mind what I'm buying yet,
I'm very much looking forward to seeing Wolvie !

Maybe there's a 3mm SS Exo in my future still . . . . . . . or perhaps crabs, I mean crab mode :ROFLMAO:

P.S. So you like rhyming Cyberman, you're not one of those "lock her up" guys are you :ROFLMAO:
Go easy on the bleach injections buddy.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

P.S.

If they made the Hummer in Stainless steel it would be tempting given what you say, but it would also need to have a real 500-Mile range, a supercharging network, over the air updates, a promising autopilot, and great monitor/user interface. Oh crap, it would be a Cybertruck. I guess Iā€™ll keep my reservation.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
In the absence of any time constraints, its stupid and unnecessary to rush into a decision.

Only prudent to consider all options in the market, and this is a worthy contender.

When we finally see what it looks like, when its actually presented to the world, and a price, range and many, many other details that still need to be revealed, the smart will give it due consideration and then decide.
Obviously, we have different use cases as a smaller CT means I can't haul as much - specifically full sheets of plywood laying flat in the bed if the truck.

But, I agree with you that making a decision before products are even being produced on the marketplace to review is not prudent

There are 3-4 electric trucks due to come on the market before or about the same time as the CT. And, while I don't expect to buy any other than the CT I am REALLY hopeful they challenge the CT specs!! I would really prefer a long range option for the dual motor. Maybe, one of these other options makes that something EM feels necessary to compete!

However, after battery day... I just don't see the other manufacturers being able to compete with Tesla as regards to power and range. But, one can hope.

I've only owned Chevy Trucks and one 97 Trans Am. All four vehicles exceeded 180k with no maintenance issues (sold the of the vehicles). So, pretty good track record IMHO. But, in the current market their interiors suck. My last purchase was a 2009 Z71 - worse seats I've ever sat in! I still have that truck with zero issues other than the driver's side seat and the crappy radio control head/Bluetooth. One thing I'm not confident about - GM being able to stop using the crappy user interface options they can't seem to get away from! I still wouldn't buy a new gm product if their control screen is still 8"-9" and the software is crap.
Sponsored