Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So lets talk options and pricing. What options are you guys planning to add to your Cybertruck build, and what do you think they will cost? Right off the bat I am thinking:

Stealth Black Color Option
Premium Sound
Solar Panel Vault
ATV (Maybe)

What else are they mentioning for options and what do you think the pricing will be? I live at 10,000 ft in a very snowy climate, so I am trying to build the most burly AWD Electric tank that can make it to and from the ski resorts/back country plus off road trips to Moab. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
My wishlist:

Satin / frozen black factory wrap
FSD
Solar panel attachments
35" tires (hopefully it'll be an option)

What else are they mentioning for options and what do you think the pricing will be? I live at 10,000 ft in a very snowy climate, so I am trying to build the most burly AWD Electric tank that can make it to and from the ski resorts/back country plus off road trips to Moab. Thoughts?
What are your plans for tires since you'll be using it off roading it?

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I pretty sure you also want a steering wheel heater. In So California, I want a steering wheel cooler.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am hoping for the tent option or roof rack. Stainless steel, Premium Sound and second charging port so I can plug 2 home chargers at once a charge faster.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Definitely: Black interior, leather seats

Maybe: a solar charging panel (depending on price).

I don't think I'll need the premium sound. My most current entertainment technology is circa 2010, and the fleet ranges from AM/FM Cassette to satellite radio, so I'm sure the "base" option will be as impressive to me as the CT styling. ;)

OP
OP
Mikutow

Mikutow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Does anyone think that debut model had stock tires? Or do we have to add those as options?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Of the features we know:
  • Solar tonneau and wings
  • FSD
  • Camper cover
Besides that it's more of a wishlist kind of thing for me:
  • Custom sound package of BT-7274 from Titanfall 2
  • Additional screen behind the wheel like in the S and X
  • Starlink terminal
  • Lift gate in lieu of ramp
  • Three phase bed power

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Any idea who you will have do the leather? Or did you just mean Tesla's "vegan" leather?
Yeah, I meant "Vegan". I'll be ok with this "leather" as long as it stands up to wear as good as or better than the natural version.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
.... second charging port so I can plug 2 home chargers at once a charge faster.
That would be nice for sure but I wonder if they'll offer it as I don't think many people would buy it. But as the CT is going to have a battery twice the size of the largest they offer now and as their charging modules are now 24 A and as they have multiple ports on the Semi it does fit in with their architecture, including that of their new wall chargers, they might. If they did I'd buy it.

Additional screen behind the wheel like in the S and X
That wouldn't be offered as an option i.e. it will be part of the design or it won't. I expect it won't but I would dearly like to have it. In the S/X in addition to showing the speed it can duplicate many pieces of information available on the main screen but I feel it much safer to use than the main screen as one need not turn his head away from the road to use it. Of course a HUD would be really nice and is very high tech.

Three phase bed power
Ain't going to happen. Very few people would want this. You can gin up modest levels with a couple horsepower three phase motor. Connect A and B to the single phase 240 and spin the motor (some people use a small single phase kicker motor to do this). Once the motor starts to spin it will keep spinning and you have 3ø at A, B, C. The motor is a rotary transformer.

Last edited:

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
That would be nice for sure but I wonder if they'll offer it as I don't think many people would buy it. But as the CT is going to have a battery twice the size of the largest they offer now and as their charging modules are now 28 A and as they have multiple ports on the Semi it does fit in with their architecture, including that of their new wall chargers, they might. If they did I'd buy it.
Maybe it will only be available in the tri motor. It is a big battery to charge overnight.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
With a BEV you come to very quickly change how you think about "refueling" your vehicle. Most people top up every night or every few nights as needed so the main consideration isn't the size of the battery so much as it is how many kWh are expected to be needed for the next day. If an owner has a commute of 20 mi each way on a daily basis he only needs to add 20 kWh each night which he can do with an 11 kW charger in about 2 hrs or he can charge once a week for 10 hrs which he can conveniently do in one night if he wants. Of course there are exceptions to this and I believe you are one. If you need to drive 300 mi per day then you will need 150 kWh which requires 14 hrs charging from an 11 kW charger and dual port chargers would be of definite benefit or at least a convenience. People that tow trailers will be using more energy even if they go shorter distances and so would benefit too. Those that need lots of energy on a daily basis be it for trailering or driving long distances are likely to chose the TriMotor and so I think you are right in guessing that dual ports might only be offered in that model. If you Flitter or Twitter or whatever it is you can ask Musk directly whether he is considering this.

Skidmarks68

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Radtech
Country flag
One of the details I will be paying close attention to is certainly the optional v standard equipment. The price points being as they are is what grabbed my attention and caused me to pre order. However if the final rendering of the truck with standard options comes back too basic that could be an issue for some. A $39K truck could easily cost 50-55K to get what you signed up for.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
If you have ever bought a car you know the money is in the high markup add-ons.

Skidmarks68

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Radtech
Country flag
If you have ever bought a car you know the money is in the high markup add-ons.
I don't want to jump the gun before I see what the standard equipment for each model is. I personally ordered the 49k model. Will this model come with "just" the twin motors or will it have upgraded options the way most traditional dealerships operate.
I have definitely bought plenty of cars but I have not even thought seriously about a Tesla.
I'm only here for the Cybertruck. I have researched enough to know its not like anything I have ever purchased before. I would have never imagined I would be considering a purchase sight unseen, no test drive, no local dealership and absolutely zero marketing.
I would think there are quite a few fellow truck drivers that find the Cybertruck appealing.
Sponsored