Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
You can get 2 for the price of a CyberTruck? The CT is a much better technology but the price certainly gives me pause. I was really hoping for a better pricing on the CT. I originally ordered the single motor, and moved up to the AWD after consideration, but now I may have to go back to the single motor just because of cost.

Tesla Cybertruck Lightning Vs CT Pricing. 1704492191583
Sponsored

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I am a Lightning owner and I will be trading in for a Cyberbeast. The look of the CT, the performance, and the tech are making me go through with this change.

...if I was shopping in the $60k range, there is no chance I'd make the switch. The XLT Lightning is an incredible vehicle for the price (~$55k after tax incentive). When they revealed the CT price and specs, I immediately thought "this is going to sell a lot of Pro/XLT Lightnings."

There's a good argument to be made on either side with the Lariat vs AWD CT, at $80k both have their pros and cons. If you're shopping Platinum vs Cyberbeast, I would say the CT wins all day at the highest trim level.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Sienna, Pleasure-way RV
Occupation
Air Force Officer (ret), Investor, E-Commerce
Country flag
You can get 2 for the price of a CyberTruck? The CT is a much better technology but the price certainly gives me pause. I was really hoping for a better pricing on the CT. I originally ordered the single motor, and moved up to the AWD after consideration, but now I may have to go back to the single motor just because of cost.

1704492191583.png
Is this a dealership fake ad with a bait and switch price? What are the "Important Disclosures"?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
What's the range of that Lightning? I don't believe that it is the long range (i.e. equivalent to Cybertruck) version.

Is it still available or was it a loss leader for the regular price versions?

TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
Is this a dealership fake ad with a bait and switch price? What are the "Important Disclosures"?
Maybe?

Might be a "driving off the lot" fee?
Or we forgot to include transportation fee (my CT is going to be $1950).

Knowing Ford (I have 3, okay... one of them is a tractor) there's probably a "Oh you wanted wheels and tires with your truck too?" fee.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
What's the range of that Lightning? I don't believe that it is the long range (i.e. equivalent to Cybertruck) version.

Is it still available or was it a loss leader for the regular price versions?
Extended Range Lightning is 320 miles and AWD CT is 340 miles on paper. Real world range tests on CT not really available yet, I imagine they will end up close to each other. ER Lightning starts at $10k less than AWD CT, so if the on paper range holds, the argument of what's more important $10k or 20 miles is fair.

Standard Range Lightning and RWD CT can't be compared yet, because one of them doesn't exist. On paper RWD CT is 10 miles longer, but it's slower, not AWD, and starts at $10k more. That's why I don't think the RWD CT is a very good value if that's the pricing level you're shopping at.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Extended Range Lightning is 320 miles and AWD CT is 340 miles on paper. Real world range tests on CT not really available yet, I imagine they will end up close to each other. ER Lightning starts at $10k less than AWD CT, so if the on paper range holds, the argument of what's more important $10k or 20 miles is fair.

Standard Range Lightning and RWD CT can't be compared yet, because one of them doesn't exist. On paper RWD CT is 10 miles longer, but it's slower, not AWD, and starts at $10k more. That's why I don't think the RWD CT is a very good value if that's the pricing level you're shopping at.
Staying on subject, what does this have to do with the very specific offer @SparkChaser posted?
That was the subject of my question.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
How does it have such a long name without saying anything about the features?

-Crissa
Very nit-picky: It says the year, color, fuel type,transmission and drive train, What more do you want?
Any nits to pick with: Tesla-Cybertruck-Cyberbeast-Foundation Series?

Zenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Seems to be 10k in disc if qualify- (from Alpine’s link above)

includes: $1500 - UAW Member Offer. Exp. 12/31/2025 $500 - 2023 Farm Bureau Recognition Exclusive Cash Reward. Exp. 01/02/2025 $500 - 2024 First Responder Recognition Exclusive Cash Reward. Exp. 01/02/2025 $7500 - Federal EV Tax Credit. Exp. 12/31/2024

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
Cars.com says there are 6,112 matches for New Ford F-150 Lightning for sale with pics (see search criteria used in photo).

Tesla Cybertruck Lightning Vs CT Pricing. 1704625193916

Here is the trim breakdown. Looks like they can't get rid of the things.

Tesla Cybertruck Lightning Vs CT Pricing. 1704625281802

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
Rivian sitting on about 250 for both their truck and SUV combined

Tesla Cybertruck Lightning Vs CT Pricing. 1704625433579

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Very nit-picky: It says the year, color, fuel type,transmission and drive train, What more do you want?
Any nits to pick with: Tesla-Cybertruck-Cyberbeast-Foundation Series?
That's five terms, two are duplicated (make and model) with the drive train.

The Ford says the transmission and drive train with the fuel type, why repeat it three times? The XLT doesn't really tell me anything. Although it probably doesn't have their adas autosteer.

And there was a color in there?

-Crissa

ebytez

First Name
Bow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
I am a Lightning owner and I will be trading in for a Cyberbeast. The look of the CT, the performance, and the tech are making me go through with this change.

...if I was shopping in the $60k range, there is no chance I'd make the switch. The XLT Lightning is an incredible vehicle for the price (~$55k after tax incentive). When they revealed the CT price and specs, I immediately thought "this is going to sell a lot of Pro/XLT Lightnings."

There's a good argument to be made on either side with the Lariat vs AWD CT, at $80k both have their pros and cons. If you're shopping Platinum vs Cyberbeast, I would say the CT wins all day at the highest trim level.

I am also a Ford Lighting owner (Platinum) and will be also switching to the Cyberbeast. The Lighting Platinum is a beautiful truck with all the bells and whistles but I just feel like the Cyberbeast is better.
Sponsored