James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The CT beats all rivals in every metric. including the most important, price. One thing about the F-150 Lightning is its 10 inch ground clearance. The CT can go up to 16 inches of clearance. This is very important off road. I like the F-150 design. Another weak point of the F-150 will be its software, if the Mach E is any indication. Battery production will be Ford's Achilles heel. Long delays can be expected before true mass production is reached. Eventually, a Tesla rival will appear, but it will be 3 to 5 years.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Ford is going to carve out a nice market share of EVs based on their fleet offerings. The Lightning Pro is the low end affordable model and comes with baked in fleet management tech. All your trucks locations, state of charge, maintenance schedule, etc. in one place through an online portal/api, really big in industry right now. Normally features that are offered, installed, and manged through a third party. Very smart move by them.
Is all this fleet software on current Ford ICE F series fleet trucks today?

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I definitely will be getting the Cybertruck... but I'm 400,000 in line for a tri-motor, so I pre-ordered an electric F150, to use while a wait 3 to 5 years for my cybertruck... hope it has vehicle to grid by then.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I definitely will be getting the Cybertruck... but I'm 400,000 in line for a tri-motor, so I pre-ordered an electric F150, to use while a wait 3 to 5 years for my cybertruck... hope it has vehicle to grid by then.
400,000 in line! man you're lucky... I waited a whole 4 weeks before pre-ordering, so I'm 546,000! Lol

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Has Tesla ever taken reservations and not delivered a vehicle for that price? Similarly, have they ever pre-announced a product spec and not hit it?

I know the original M3 reservations for $35k were *very* slow coming, but aside from that, haven't they hit all their pre-announced pricing?

Dates... now dates have been all over the place. The Model Y launch gives me a bit of hope, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for a Dec 2021 Cybertruck delivery.

But I fully expect Tesla will deliver their 500 mile CT for $70k.
Sponsored