SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Imagine the meme’s with 1/2 million CT owners leeching 120v at parks and residents exposed outlets because they are homeless. lmao
Sponsored

Protondecay123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Country flag
Some great questions! My Tundra has a 5.5ft bed , I’m 6’3” and sleep comfortably on the diagonal with it. I’m a side sleeper so some what fetal in positioning. I think by looking at the vault you would be okay headroom wise with head cab side rather than tail gate side.

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Just before the pandemic we bought 100 acres of cedar, some hardwood and exposed limestone rock with no laneway or electricity. For the last 3 years I have been cutting trees and building a road to our building site. I have been on a waiting list for the last 3 years for tesla solar and powerwalls and haven't heard anything. I am hoping to use the huge battery on the CT to help when we are building and to add storage for the solar.
Nice purchase! That would be an excellent test-case: buy some remote land and use the CT as a mobile builder station. Also, I didn't realize the wait time on the solar/wall was so long...

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Nice purchase! That would be an excellent test-case: buy some remote land and use the CT as a mobile builder station. Also, I didn't realize the wait time on the solar/wall was so long...
yeah, it seems to be a problem in Canada.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
yeah, it seems to be a problem in Canada.
There are heaps of other options for solar, and powerwall isn't really that great for off-grid. There's some batteryless off grid inverters that would be ideal fro EV charging, if you can park at home by day. Availability is also a none issue, and price is better.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
can the front seats recline all the way back and connect with the rear seats
This is near the top of my wishlist, right alongside climate control selectable in frunk so a styrofoam cooler with ice lasts a long time

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I want a large RV trailer with pop-outs and the works for a Tesla Semi, such that it has additional battery capacity that can be shared with the tractor. Would be a lot of capacity, like an additional 2 Megawatt-hours, or twice what's already in the Semi, but it could be charged slowly over a period of days while the RV is parked. Then when traveling, the range could be like 500 to 1000 miles, with some energy left over to park at sites without power for a week or more if needed. That might be sweet.

Motor assist would be nice too but the Semi is already designed to pull loads much heavier than that, and extra battery packs would give more range without a lot of extra complexity, although a special umbilical and software modifications would be required to augment the tractor's pack.

Ok, I heard a noise, so I need to stop dreaming, throw the covers off, and get out of bed.

- ÆCIII

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
For the last 3 years I have been cutting trees and building a road to our building site. I have been on a waiting list for the last 3 years for tesla solar and powerwalls and haven't heard anything.
You need to restart your attempt to order these, as the waiting lists are not guaranteed.

With the global financial crisis getting worse ...
I don't know how to say this, but... There's no global financial crisis?

What would you be basing this off of? A drop in growth rate while governments induce austerity after a burst of recovery from a global pandemic?

-Crissa

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
You need to restart your attempt to order these, as the waiting lists are not guaranteed.

I don't know how to say this, but... There's no global financial crisis?

What would you be basing this off of? A drop in growth rate while governments induce austerity after a burst of recovery from a global pandemic?

-Crissa
yep already did that a few weeks ago, now I have two reservations for a powerwall- one starting with 401xxxx the other 802xxxx.

baska

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Country flag
I agree about the space in cybertruck, but it sounds awful that eople should live in their cars.

maaficook

First Name
Maafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Occupation
School Admin
Country flag
I’ve been researching electric van life options and there isn’t anything out there for non commercial entities that has decent range ( 250+ miles) I can find. Thinking about SpaceCamper with Starlink for a viable electric option.
I made a res for the Cyberlandr when they launched. Check it out and tell us what you think!

Protondecay123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Country flag
I made a res for the Cyberlandr when they launched. Check it out and tell us what you think!
Thanks for adding to the description. It looks really nice and I like how it comes so closely to maintaining the Cybertruck aerodynamics. It's a bit much for me with Potable and Grey Water tanks. I think I'm going to let the market "declare itself" before I jump in with a camper. I'm a backpacker, so I'm pretty sure I have a tarp I can stretch over it to provide a waterproof "vault" for car camping. But again that looks sweet!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
With Starlink to do online work from basically anywhere. It would be a very nice set up!
So actually Starlink might not be the best option in the near future.

I recently seen a 5G modem offered by Rogers in Canada. They send you a sim card and a modem, you just plug it in and get to work.

The biggest drawback of this which was also with starlink (which I think they might have changed) was that it is Geo-locked. You can't use it outside of your specified area.

But with data becoming cheaper pretty much every year and these modems (or even just hotspot on your phone) being everything you need for an internet connection. I expect cellular data being the cheaper and better option for people living in their truck. The only thing I could see starlink being the better option for is rural areas. I love the idea of starlink but if someone is living in their truck to save money, the 5G modem I seen was a bit more than 1/3 the price, no hardware cost, and 200gb. Unless someone actually needed unlimited data or they were in a rural area, I don't see the benefit.

I actually lived in my Car for a couple years while in University. It was just a Cadillac CTS, so living in a Cybertruck would be much easier and more comfy. I would use my mobile hotspot to play some games on my laptop, often on a park bench. I would start a lot of torrents for tv and movies and let that download while I was in class or connected to a friends internet with unlimited data.

But I would have killed for a truck like the Cybertruck to live out of. It would have been a 5 star hotel in comparison. Not only so much more room, but having an actual compactable mattress for the truck bed instead of reclining the driver seat. And being hidden under the cover instead of full view of people walking by if you are at like a walmart parking lot. I even had police a couple times knock on my window to make sure I wasn't a drunk driver that passed out, like I had a pillow and blanket and sleeping in a walmart parking lot, that would be one very prepared drunk driver.
Sponsored