Living Vehicle RV, the perfect Cybertruck trailer

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Its very Niche.

You are the person who just happens to go where no EV Chargers within 100 miles. Or the type who isn't willing to compromise?

And willing to cart a heavy RV which incidentally you haven't compromised on design.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I’ve been through the Living LV before, chatted with the couple who are the owners, and followed them since.

Inwant to say they make on the order of 12-20 units per year, and seem sell them all.

But that trailer will not be getting pulled by a BEV anytime soon. At least not far or safely.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Pricey. I'm 70k into a 35' toy hauler with 7 sleeping spots, 1200w solar, 400ah battery bank and 5500w generator.....and room for dirt bikes - all at 1/10th the price. Range with CT will suck but I can charge it when I get there.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Its very Niche.

You are the person who just happens to go where no EV Chargers within 100 miles. Or the type who isn't willing to compromise?

And willing to cart a heavy RV which incidentally you haven't compromised on design.
I just wonder what problem this solves that a harbor freight solar kit with a few panel expansions doesn't. Throw those in the bed and set them up on top of a normal trailer when you arrive. With your mobile connector plugged into the 240VAC out you can get decent recharge, especially if you're planning to be there a few days.

Having a huge in trailer battery in addition to the CT battery just seems redundant.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Having a huge in trailer battery in addition to the CT battery just seems redundant.
it’s not redundant so much as inapplicable

no time soon would the CT be a remotely reasonable choice for a trailer like this

these are 12-15K lbs unladen (not a reasonable or safe fit for the CT towing capacity, nor it’s IRS), and shaped like a loaf of bread (which drag together the the weight/rolling resistance will obliterate CT range)

after 150 miles to a remote location for a multi-day camp, the CT battery wouldn’t be redundant, it would be why you’re not getting back

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
One dollar more and it would be a deal breaker. 😜 I think I’ll take that pot of $$ and pay for superchargers and the occasional really nice hotel.
For that price, how many Powerwalls could you buy and install on a camping trailer?

Tesla Cybertruck Living Vehicle RV, the perfect Cybertruck trailer 1687728898615

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Pricey. I'm 70k into a 35' toy hauler with 7 sleeping spots, 1200w solar, 400ah battery bank and 5500w generator.....and room for dirt bikes - all at 1/10th the price. Range with CT will suck but I can charge it when I get there.
Sounds like an awesome trailer. Is it custom made, or is it a make/model that is currently in existence?

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sounds like an awesome trailer. Is it custom made, or is it a make/model that is currently in existence?
Keystone Carbon 35 with aftermarket Victron Solar/Battery, Inverter, etc system. Third toy hauler I've had over past 25 years...this one's pretty solid.

9800 lbs unloaded and 3200 payload puts me at 13k...1k under Tri motor max weight. Granted aero of a barn (or loaf of bread as stated above) - but im good if I can get 200+ miles range out of a 500mi CT (lots of camping here in CO isn't that far). Just in case, keeping my GMC 2500 until im sure and if needed, long term I'll just use it for towing.
Sponsored