Loki Basecamp

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
$135k is pretty steep for a stylish overhead camper when a new airstream is a tenth that with all the fixins.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I checked out the Loki website and it's a little underwhelming for the price, I looked at the non cybertruck packages since it doesn't give information for the Cybertruck version. It's a nice attachment but you just get a small area to sit down, with options for a portable toilet and table mount, and then a bed in the back. You also get drinking water tank and a sink but it doesn't seem as nice as other products on the market. I'm sure it's probably very durable and somewhat comfortable. If someone is always on the road and doesn't want to use a hotel, it would be very useful if they have $135000 to spare.

I think an early product that will come out within a year of the Cybertruck release will be a simple hard bed top. Maybe even one that can fold down flat against the cover when you are driving, kind of like what the Cybertruck camping package looks like it will be able to do.. You could make a fold down table mounted to the Ltracks and even a collapsable stool that could be stored away easily. At night when you are ready to sleep there are plenty of compact mattresses that are available and even marketed towards teslas. For all that it would probably cost about 2000-4000 depending on the cost of the bed top. Sure you won't have running water but there are products you can get for that as well.
Sponsored