Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So reading this site today, I've been seeing ads for Mattracks. I was curious so went to look.

Mattracks | Truck & SUV Tracks

Tesla Cybertruck Mattracks on CyberTruck? 200-tracks

There are a variety of sizes and configurations for all sorts of vehicles. Now I'm guessing these are not road legal. And while it isn't horribly difficult to convert from tires to these tracks, it's not something I would want to do all the time.

Imagine the fun of riding through the wilderness with these on a CT. Perhaps I just need to get 2 CT's. One with tracks that can be towed on a trailer behind the CT that I drive to the wilderness. Then I would also have double the battery capacity. Though, the 500+ mile range is most certainly going to get much shorter if it is towing a trailer with another CT on the back.

Or perhaps I can just buy a large plot of wilderness somewhere fun to keep my tracked CT at when I'm out running around in the wheeled CT.

OK. Someone needs to get some serious income coming in to cover all these toy options.
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
That has got to be worse than driving around in low inflated super swampers for rolling resistance/drag on the motors.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Yes, rolling resistance would be horrible.

As for the dude using tracks on his M3, there are so many things wrong with his setup. For instance the tracks don’t fit in the wheel wells so he had extenders made that push the tracks about 1 ft or more out past the fenders. That can’t be good. Not to mention driving in snow with the low clearance the M3 has.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
So reading this site today, I've been seeing ads for Mattracks. I was curious so went to look.

Mattracks | Truck & SUV Tracks

200-tracks.jpg

There are a variety of sizes and configurations for all sorts of vehicles. Now I'm guessing these are not road legal. And while it isn't horribly difficult to convert from tires to these tracks, it's not something I would want to do all the time.

Imagine the fun of riding through the wilderness with these on a CT. Perhaps I just need to get 2 CT's. One with tracks that can be towed on a trailer behind the CT that I drive to the wilderness. Then I would also have double the battery capacity. Though, the 500+ mile range is most certainly going to get much shorter if it is towing a trailer with another CT on the back.

Or perhaps I can just buy a large plot of wilderness somewhere fun to keep my tracked CT at when I'm out running around in the wheeled CT.

OK. Someone needs to get some serious income coming in to cover all these toy options.
Don’t you have anything bettr to do than dump unrelated PR articles with little to no connection to CT owners?

Really, waste another newsgroup bits, eyeballs and fluster them with your dumps.

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I remember looking at these a few years ago. (Looking as in "those are cool to look at", not looking to buy...)

1614178009316.png

Tires stay on the vehicle. They claim they can be installed in 15 minutes.

https://trackngo.co/
These look WAAAAY more practical for a CT than the Mattracks. And it would be relatively easy to carry them in the bed for deployment on site instead of having to do full wheel replacement. Thanks for the reference!!

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These look WAAAAY more practical for a CT than the Mattracks. And it would be relatively easy to carry them in the bed for deployment on site instead of having to do full wheel replacement. Thanks for the reference!!
I like the MATTRACKS mucho better. They have been around awhile and are proven. Not sure about TRACKNGO

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I like the MATTRACKS mucho better. They have been around awhile and are proven. Not sure about TRACKNGO
You and I have very different definitions of “proven.” They only seem to work great in snow.
Sponsored