MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Carrying solar depends on lifestyle. If camping trips are short, charge at home. If long or the potential to stay long gives peace of mind, prepare to charge wherever you are.

My trips into the wilderness would probably be fine without remote charging, but the same attraction to the engineering elegance of the Cybertruck enjoys exploring whether an awning for a campsite could simultaneously offset vampire drain, strings of LEDs, or even cooking. Important? Unlikely. Fun? Absolutely.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Almost everyone's truck will be outside. In the sun. Permanently displacing a third of your charging? How is this a lifestyle issue?

-Crissa

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Almost everyone's truck will be outside. In the sun. Permanently displacing a third of your charging? How is this a lifestyle issue?

-Crissa
I suggest lifestyle for a solar awning, which works in the wilderness, but not in a parking lot. Solar roof or tonneau work for more situations, but still may make little economic sense if you’re mostly at home (mount solar on roof of home) or work where charging is free (mount solar on roof of workplace).

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
A look at the parts / accessories / rack mounting points on the roof and bed.

cybertruck mounting points.jpg
Looks pretty cool! Very integrated. Will be interested to see what they're coming out with besides that rack we saw at the TX event a while back.
To be honest, I'm quite concerned about this (pictured). Every picture I've seen of every "production" model coming out seems to have this same terrible fit on the tailgate. Hopefully, as some have suggested, these aren't retail units, but throw away units..........still..........

Tesla Cybertruck Mounting anchor points on Cybertruck roof and bed (photo) for racks, parts, accessories Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 11.55.54

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks pretty cool! Very integrated. Will be interested to see what they're coming out with besides that rack we saw at the TX event a while back.
To be honest, I'm quite concerned about this (pictured). Every picture I've seen of every "production" model coming out seems to have this same terrible fit on the tailgate. Hopefully, as some have suggested, these aren't retail units, but throw away units..........still..........

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 11.55.54.png
Solar PV rail mounting points, I wonder how many PV panels would fit from tailgate to windshield In landscape mode.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 11.55.54.png
If no-one wants it..... Make it an Australian delivery! Kick it to me! ( Throw away line!)

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Did they change or something?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Did they change or something?
Looks the same to me. However looking at this made me curious how do they check leaks and where the water flows during testing? Do they use some sort of magic liquid with an auto MRI or X-ray machine to see where the water go? I am sure they make plans for where the water from yellow areas go but how do they actually see where it goes in testing?

Tesla Cybertruck Mounting anchor points on Cybertruck roof and bed (photo) for racks, parts, accessories 1693426974522

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
If no-one wants it..... Make it an Australian delivery! Kick it to me! ( Throw away line!)
Mate I would LOVE to get one of the throwaway versions NOW and for FREE! Haha. I mean, what are they going to do with all of these anyway?! We should definitely send some Down Under as well. Can you imagine how this would perform in the Outback?!

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Looks the same to me. However looking at this made me curious how do they check leaks and where the water flows during testing? Do they use some sort of magic liquid with an auto MRI or X-ray machine to see where the water go? I am sure they make plans for where the water from yellow areas go but how do they actually see where it goes in testing?

1693426974522.png
I would think thermal camera imaging would work. Works for me finding leaks behind walls and to help pinpoint the location before tearing things apart and mine is just a basic module that plugs into my iPhone lightning port.