Munro Associates are selling 4680 Cells after battery pack teardown and analysis - FYI

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yea, people are complacent. But there is no real current impetus to recycles batteries.

I reckon new precesses to ensure maximum recycling will evolve along with the growth of the industry.

We used to have cardboard recycling centres, and then a guy used to come around all the shops with his truck. If there is money to be made, someone will scrounge every battery.

Imagine shopping centres with a collection booth ... AI will recognise the battery you put in, and then you scan your phone to receive 10 cents.

Scrap yards will love batteries.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I agree the recycling method is simple. I do not believe all these batteries will be disposed of properly over time.
To @John K ’s point. The company I work for will not allow you to buy the laptop you’ve been using when the company says it’s time to replace it. I believe it‘s part of their commitment to the environment (if not a legal requirement). Selling or even giving computer/electronic equipment away would bypass their procedure to insure the e-waste they produce is properly recycled and/or disposed of. I don’t think scale of Munro giving souvenirs away will have any significant impact, but I understand the concern.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I could buy stock for that price so not gonna do it.
But if I did it would be to use it to power something.
Give it something socially responsible to do.

da081f3a-4274-4e14-b4f9-4e9ad267ee96_text.gif

Last edited: