First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
looks like the sleepers on on top, not in the bed
I see. This should work with the original design. But now I am wondering why the top is in an angle instead of moving up flat giving you more space? Half the bed could be sliding or removable so you could stand in the entire bed when not sleeping.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
OP
OP
pumpkin curry

pumpkin curry

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Dual Moter AWD
Occupation
Country flag
Why not just use the camper that Tesla presented in the unveiling? It doesn't go as high as this one but it certainly seemed like it would do the job.
Now that this post has been revised, look again.

Last edited:

Bud

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For camping, I designed a pop-up roof plan on a cybertruck.
Because there is no need to incision the roof of the vehicle to install the pop-up roof,
it is structurally safe and saves time and cost in installing the pop-up roof.
When the popup loop is closed,
It is possible to park in the underground parking lot with a height limit of 2.1m,
and 2 people can sleep in a bed.
If you open the pop-up loop at the campsite,
2 people can sleep in the bed (lower bed) and 2 people in the roof bed (upper bed).
Therefore, a total of 4 people(family) can sleep.
The height of the person icon in the drawing is 175cm.

P1.jpg

P2-칼라.jpg

P3-칼라.jpg

P4-칼라.jpg
Want one !

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I like it....
1 small problem... if your mattress extends to the front pivot point wouldn't it need to be removed to collapse the popup?
I like that the mattress stays high and clean freeing the bed for gear so I think you need a mech to sling the bed rearward as it collapses the roof. Probably you have the bed on a track that rolls forward when expanded and that's why you have the roof on a level.
2. Small problem.... could be a benefit. If you lower the roof more in line with the tonneau it would be longer when raised and reduce the tilt of the rear upper wall. That is clearly the standing room so that would be nice....

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Looks good, my comment is about energy production if you are serious about being off grid in the woods.

IMO the panels you have or wings that can fold out won't be enough. Expect the worse and hope for the best comes to mind. Figure out how much power you will need and count on having to make at least 150% of that number. It would be cool if there would be a separate array that could be broken down for travel and than be opened up when needed

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Preferred embodiment for me is a clamshell design that opens 120+ degrees to provide a mattress platform over the frunk and leaves the bed area open for standing headroom or settee. When in the collapsed, closed position it amounts to not more than 7” height added to sailplane sides.

Frunk forward awning rise accommodates foot room and rain covering for ventilation. Sides zipdown ventilation and provide a rain-covering awning.

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
Because there is no need to incision the roof of the vehicle to install the pop-up roof,
It is possible to park in the underground parking lot with a height limit of 2.1m,
2 people can sleep in the bed (lower bed) and 2 people in the roof bed (upper bed).

P1.jpg

P2-칼라.jpg

P3-칼라.jpg

P4-칼라.jpg
Really nice work, well thought out. But one question. I was under the impression that the review mirror was a camera place at the peak of the roof (just about the drivers head). With none on the doors, would this work with the cameras, would this kill the self driving mode?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Really nice work, well thought out. But one question. I was under the impression that the review mirror was a camera place ...
We don't know where the cameras are, and the fact that we will have cargo will block some, sometimes. So hopefully Tesla will have a solution for that. Composite views, accessory camera packs, diagrams of the camera view angles... Lots of ways around this. We don't know at this point which will be available.

-Crissa

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Really nice work, well thought out. But one question. I was under the impression that the review mirror was a camera place at the peak of the roof (just about the drivers head). With none on the doors, would this work with the cameras, would this kill the self driving mode?
Oh. I thought the rear view camera was at the rear like other cars. Just because the tonneau cover blocks the view from the cabin all the way to the rear. A camera on top before the vault would miss a lot just behind the tall rear end. But as has been said they could be smart about it with a composite view, stitched together in 3D like how some cars do for their 360° views. Would be cool if the rear view display (or window on main screen in case of rear view mirror regulations) lets you scroll and zoom around before returning to the standard view.

radial1951

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 76 Series Landcruiser
Occupation
Retired toolmaker
Country flag

P1.jpg

P2-칼라.jpg

P3-칼라.jpg

P4-칼라.jpg
This is an excellent concept. Questions: Where did you find the dimensions for the CT and are your drawings based on the 3% smaller update? Thanks.

OP
OP
pumpkin curry

pumpkin curry

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Dual Moter AWD
Occupation
Country flag
Last edited:

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
Oh. I thought the rear view camera was at the rear like other cars. Just because the tonneau cover blocks the view from the cabin all the way to the rear. A camera on top before the vault would miss a lot just behind the tall rear end. But as has been said they could be smart about it with a composite view, stitched together in 3D like how some cars do for their 360° views. Would be cool if the rear view display (or window on main screen in case of rear view mirror regulations) lets you scroll and zoom around before returning to the standard view.
I was under the impression that the camera is at the peak of the roof. just above the head of the driver under the beam. Looking through the glass above the passengers head. Above the bed cover. I think being on the tailgate is a problem in many ways, such as tailgates down or how far is the back is the car to the left or right and a little behind the truck, (IE is that car 6 inches past the truck bumper making emergency lane change impossible).

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
We don't know where the cameras are, and the fact that we will have cargo will block some, sometimes. So hopefully Tesla will have a solution for that. Composite views, accessory camera packs, diagrams of the camera view angles... Lots of ways around this. We don't know at this point which will be available.

-Crissa
Crissa, I was going by the picture show on the computer during the ride along tesla gave at the release of the truck.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Preferred embodiment for me is a clamshell design that opens 120+ degrees to provide a mattress platform over the frunk and leaves the bed area open for standing headroom or settee. When in the collapsed, closed position it amounts to not more than 7” height added to sailplane sides.

Frunk forward awning rise accommodates foot room and rain covering for ventilation. Sides zipdown ventilation and provide a rain-covering awning.
These are the best options. I thought about even having a cassette toilet in the vault, where you could relieve yourself in privacy. The only issue with these can be their prices. I have seen them from $7k to $16k and up. But, this is premium utilization of that space. peace
Sponsored