Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Thank you so much for helping me with that. I did not sign up for FSD yet, if it goes live I will add it when they call me to finalize. There are things consider, compounded interest on a loan I additionally will have paid NE sales tax on FSD...I have to pound out the numbers. If it's not live yet and seems years off I'll hold off. Smart summon has not been impressive.
Good point. If I pay for FSD the day after I take delivery, do I have to pay sales tax on that $7,000? That would save what? $490?
Sponsored

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Nissan Leaf 2012 Fisker Karma 1976 Corvette 2016 HD Limited
Country flag
From what i understand, if you buy it at point of purchase, its $7,000 plus NE state tax of 7% or $490 when you license the truck. If you buy it later I think it costs more than $7,000 but I am unsure on the amount. I don't know if this amount is taxed or not if purchased later from Tesla directly as a over the air upgrade. But, for me.........FSD isn't "real" yet, it doesn't exist. So it's hard to want to pay for it & the interest on it on my Cybertruck loan.

Autopilot is standard on all Teslas now
In addition to the lineup changes, Tesla made Autopilot, its semi-autonomous-driving technology, a standard feature as part of an effort to make it less cost-prohibitive. ... The self-driving option includes automatic lane changes, auto-park, and the summon feature.

I wont need much more than standard Autopilot anyway but we will see when it's actually up and running how much I want to geek out. I don't travel much, just work & home 99% of the time.

They are using data collected from the Tesla fleet on the road currently to build FSD. Given the struggle with summon, I believe FSD will not be "reliable" for a few years yet and standard included Autopilot will do all I need anyway.

I will be financing this truck so that $7490 saved will actually run it course to cost me much more in compounded interest over the term of the loan. I am kinda confident that adding it later, when it actually is working correctly, will probably save me money in the long run but I will have to hammer out the data.

Enter Ben Sullins quote here.

Best wishes!!! Stay healthy

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
From what i understand, if you buy it at point of purchase, its $7,000 plus NE state tax of 7% or $490 when you license the truck. If you buy it later I think it costs more than $7,000 but I am unsure on the amount. I don't know if this amount is taxed or not if purchased later from Tesla directly as a over the air upgrade. But, for me.........FSD isn't "real" yet, it doesn't exist. So it's hard to want to pay for it & the interest on it on my Cybertruck loan.

Autopilot is standard on all Teslas now
In addition to the lineup changes, Tesla made Autopilot, its semi-autonomous-driving technology, a standard feature as part of an effort to make it less cost-prohibitive. ... The self-driving option includes automatic lane changes, auto-park, and the summon feature.

I wont need much more than standard Autopilot anyway but we will see when it's actually up and running how much I want to geek out. I don't travel much, just work & home 99% of the time.

They are using data collected from the Tesla fleet on the road currently to build FSD. Given the struggle with summon, I believe FSD will not be "reliable" for a few years yet and standard included Autopilot will do all I need anyway.

I will be financing this truck so that $7490 saved will actually run it course to cost me much more in compounded interest over the term of the loan. I am kinda confident that adding it later, when it actually is working correctly, will probably save me money in the long run but I will have to hammer out the data.

Enter Ben Sullins quote here.

Best wishes!!! Stay healthy
I know you are probably right that it makes financial sense to wait. I watched a guy who was driving a Tesla for the first time after getting his Model Y in the touchless delivery... Neat video Anyway, he tried out the Autopilot feature after saying several times "I like to drive. I want to drive my own vehicle"... It seemed like he really liked it and to me, it seemed like he wished he had gotten the FSD. Anyway, I'm antsy with anticipation and it may be another two years before we get these things.

CT4FP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck DM
Country flag
OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I decided to just get the FSD upfront. I ALSO just did another thing... The Y is for my wife.

I deleted the image with order info on it.

Last edited:

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Congratulations! Excited for your family.
Thank you. I'm excited too, of course... almost unbearably so. I've waited a long time to get a Tesla and the stars aligned right (proper planning and patience) so that we can get them both... mainly because it'll be a couple years before I get mine. I think the hardest part will be sitting by while my wife enjoys her new ride for a couple years while I ride around in my ... prius... F-150. The Prius was a temporary vehicle between my Platinum F-350 and the F-150.

Last edited:
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW335D, BMWX5D, Ford F150
Country flag
Hey guys, just joined. Havent put in my reservation yet but my trigger finger is awfully itchy. My house is in Omaha but my parents farm is in Northeast NE. Thats the main reason I would get this thing. Lots of driving to the farm and lots of nasty roads up here........and god knows I want autopilot to drive those 3.5 hrs. Im interested to ask about the vehicles you guys have now... One has a F350 Platinum... bad ass truck....another has a Fisker Karma!?! I didnt know there was one here in NE! Im currently driving BMW diesels for personal use and on the farm, an F250 diesel

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Me too... almost unbearable. I've waited a long time to get a Tesla and the stars aligned right (proper planning and patience) so that we can get them both... mainly because it'll be a couple years before I get mine. I think the hardest part will be sitting by while my wife enjoys her new ride for a couple years while I ride around in my ... prius...
Hey guys, just joined. Havent put in my reservation yet but my trigger finger is awfully itchy. My house is in Omaha but my parents farm is in Northeast NE. Thats the main reason I would get this thing. Lots of driving to the farm and lots of nasty roads up here........and god knows I want autopilot to drive those 3.5 hrs. Im interested to ask about the vehicles you guys have now... One has a F350 Platinum... bad ass truck....another has a Fisker Karma!?! I didnt know there was one here in NE! Im currently driving BMW diesels for personal use and on the farm, an F250 diesel
I'm the one with the F350 Platinum.. Ruby Red with only 72k miles (it's for sale, btw). You may as well order one. It's $100 now and fully refundable.

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm the one with the F350 Platinum.. Ruby Red with only 72k miles (it's for sale, btw). You may as well order one. It's $100 now and fully refundable.
Awesome truck.....nope, def dont need it. Yeah I know...just as well put down my 100, just havent done it yet.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Omaha. I only have to wait until 654,180 others get theirs!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Good to know someone close by will be getting one! Though, it would be neat to be the only one in town for a bit. I'm WAY too far down the line for THAT to happen though.
How do we enter our reservation number/data into the spread sheet?

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I assume this truck will come with a standard trailer hitch....does anyone know if we know the bumper hitch rating? or is this a TBD? Also, if he misses out on the 5th wheel crowd its a mistake... this thing could live off the grid for a while....
Sponsored