Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I assume this truck will come with a standard trailer hitch....does anyone know if we know the bumper hitch rating? or is this a TBD? Also, if he misses out on the 5th wheel crowd its a mistake... this thing could live off the grid for a while....
3,500 tongue weight, I would assume as that's the load limit of the truck and also, they said it would pull 14,000 pounds. They have not mentioned gooseneck or 5th wheel compatibility.
Sponsored

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW335D, BMWX5D, Ford F150
Country flag
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW335D, BMWX5D, Ford F150
Country flag
WAIT A SECOND.... all of the higher class hitches bolt to frame rails....... Ill bet there ARE NO frame rails.... Omg.....massive towing capacity but no ability to bolt on standard heavy duty hitches... wonder how they hooked up that camper in the pics

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
WAIT A SECOND.... all of the higher class hitches bolt to frame rails....... Ill bet there ARE NO frame rails.... Omg.....massive towing capacity but no ability to bolt on standard heavy duty hitches... wonder how they hooked up that camper in the pics
LOL. I suppose our thought process on hitches is about to be altered.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Welcome to the Nebraska page.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Oh god....thats terrible.... not much more than bike racks then.. :( https://www.curtmfg.com/types-trailer-hitches#HitchClasses
If you can load/unload 3,500 pounds into the bed of a pickup, more power to you. My 5,000 trailer with 9,000 pounds of furniture and stuff hardly put that much weight in the bed of the truck (it's a gooseneck trailer). A Ton of river rocks was about all I can get in my F-350 bed.

I definitely didn't say that the heaviest trailer would be 3,500 pounds. No, that's the tongue weight of the trailer. (That's about 145 Canondale bikes)

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Factory installed would be bolted in appropriately, I'm sure. It'd have to be a Class-5 hitch to pull 14,000 I believe.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I suspect the trailer photo and the camping photos were all Photoshopped. The exclusive pre-event Motor Trend article said Tesla was still putting the Cybertruck together two weeks before the reveal. They have a few years to figure out the details. Yes, they said that it would come out late 2021. Let’s analyze that. They need to build an entirely new factory as there is no space at any other other locations according to what Elon Musk said. It’s likely to be a Tera-factory, according to his later announcements, somewhere central time zone (bet it’s Texas). You don’t build giant factories in 1 year.

Oh, and I bet he did not factor in a pandemic into his equation. All the Tesla factories are closed. Have to ramp those back up. They furloughed a good chunk of workers. Add about 6 months to the timeline. I doubt production will start until September 2022 at the very earliest. Maybe Q1 of 2023.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The shutdown and furlough will slow down production of the S3XY lines but shouldn't affect the CT timeline very much. When Elon announced the CT, they knew they'd have to build a factory first and I'm sure they figured the time to find land, improve it, build the factory, outfit it, and staff it. Now, this COVID-19 may have delayed the start of building the factory by a few months but I don't think Tesla will have a problem finding people chomping at the bit to get to work.

I woudn't expect us to build as fast as Germany but it shouldn't take us much longer than them. They announced the location in November of 2019 and looks like it's still on track to start production this year. But, we'll see about that. Hopefully, they do so it'll ease production at the Freemont plant.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hopefully you are right, but his past is strewn with overly aggressive timelines for product delivery.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Hopefully you are right, but his past is strewn with overly aggressive timelines for product delivery.
I definitely kept that in mind but I think most of his problems were in trying to adapt the Fremont plant to building 5 different cars. The rest of his projections seem to be much more on-target. The Shanghai factory is doing great. The German Gigafactory is also on target. I think he'll keep the Cyber factory on target even more so because this really seems to be his favorite of the vehicles. Anyway, I certainly hope I'm not stuck waiting around TOO long!

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Hi, I'm new here and also looking forward to my Cybertruck Tri-motor. I have a 2018 Model 3 that I took delivery of in April 20th, 2018 that I love very much! I have almost 45,000 miles on it. I have FSD but only RWD (no AWD or Performance option back then). It still does great in the winter with my separate set of winter wheels/tires. The reason I want the Cybertruck is that it would make my life easier on the occasional times that I want to haul bigger or heavier stuff or pull a trailer. Sometimes I pull a small utility trailer with a lawn tractor almost 3 hours away with the Model 3 (to my Dad's house in Northeast Nebraska) and I barely make it if I don't stop to charge. Pulling a trailer kills the aerodynamics of my car and causes my energy consumption to double, thus cutting my 300 mile range in half.

Edit: I entered my reservation into the spreadsheet and it shows my Uncorrected Position as 24,496, with a Corrected Position of 22,046 and Trim Position of 7,230. It's Estimated Delivery Month is February 2022.

P.S. I gave a test drive to a coworker that was looking into either getting a used Audi A5 or Model S and he loved the Model 3. He wanted to buy one. When I showed him the Cybertruck he decided to save his money and go for that instead.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hi, I'm new here and also looking forward to my Cybertruck Tri-motor. I have a 2018 Model 3 that I took delivery of in April 20th, 2018 that I love very much! I have almost 45,000 miles on it. I have FSD but only RWD (no AWD or Performance option back then). It still does great in the winter with my separate set of winter wheels/tires. The reason I want the Cybertruck is that it would make my life easier on the occasional times that I want to haul bigger or heavier stuff or pull a trailer. Sometimes I pull a small utility trailer with a lawn tractor almost 3 hours away with the Model 3 (to my Dad's house in Northeast Nebraska) and I barely make it if I don't stop to charge. Pulling a trailer kills the aerodynamics of my car and causes my energy consumption to double, thus cutting my 300 mile range in half.

Edit: I entered my reservation into the spreadsheet and it shows my Uncorrected Position as 24,496, with a Corrected Position of 22,046 and Trim Position of 7,230. It's Estimated Delivery Month is February 2022.

P.S. I gave a test drive to a coworker that was looking into either getting a used Audi A5 or Model S and he loved the Model 3. He wanted to buy one. When I showed him the Cybertruck he decided to save his money and go for that instead.
You’ll be giving us rides with that low, low number (I hope). I’ll be Wait much longer and lusting after everyone else’s truck.

good job on converting another to the CT religion.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Just a note to the Nebraska peeps out there: Well, here we are... a few years later... Still looking forward to my Cybertruck and still hoping to get mine before they are very common. It was neat being one of 3 Model Ys in our area. It'll be a much bigger deal with the Cybertruck. I can't wait. Well, obviously, I can but still!
Sponsored