New Email just recd from TESLA about PowerShare: What does it mean?

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Highlander 2022 Model Y LR
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck New Email just recd from TESLA about PowerShare: What does it mean? Tesla_Logo
Hi XXXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for completing the Powershare Home Backup survey.

Since you have Powerwall installed, your home is already on the way to being fully configured for Powershare Home Backup functionality but may require additional home charging equipment to complete your set up.

To finalize your setup, your home charging needs to be backed up by your Powerwall. Home Backup is compatible with any home charging unit, but 240V charging will provide the best experience. Our recommended home charging solutions are Wall Connector or Universal Wall Connector. Home Backup will be available with a software update expected in June. In the meantime, you will still be able to charge your Cybertruck at home.

In place of the Home Backup equipment, we’ll be providing you with a one-time use $700 Tesla Shop voucher. You can use this to purchase home charging to complete your Home Backup setup – or to purchase other charging equipment, apparel, accessories and more. This voucher can only be used once and any unused balance remaining after the transaction will be forfeited. This will be provided to you within two weeks after your Cybertruck delivery.

The Tesla Team​
2024 Tesla, Inc.
Tesla Cybertruck New Email just recd from TESLA about PowerShare: What does it mean? wordmark
Privacy & Legal
Sponsored

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
It means, instead of any PowerShare equipment, you’ll get a $700 voucher to use on the Tesla shop.

I just got that same email.

Remember, you have to use the whole $700 in one shot. It doesn’t work like a gift card.

I’ll be using mine to buy the Vault Divider and Molle Panels.

OP
OP

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a Tesla charger already...(along with Tesla power walls and an inverter-along with Tesla Solar Panels) so does this mean after the 'software update in June', my charger will accept power from the Cybertruck to the house? It seems like I have seen several folks assert this?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...so does this mean after the 'software update in June', my charger will accept power from the Cybertruck to the house?
If your Wall Connector is directly attached to the Powerwall. There might be some installation configurations which it doesn't work, but aside from those it might just be plug and play.

Does your Powerwall already control whether power flows to your Wall Connector?

-Crissa

OP
OP

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As always Crissa; you rock! Thanks for the info....Several experts seemed to 'suggest' this...but never clearly said it... Sweet!

FlipSixThreeHole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, not yet produced.
Country flag
It means, instead of any PowerShare equipment, you’ll get a $700 voucher to use on the Tesla shop.

I just got that same email.

Remember, you have to use the whole $700 in one shot. It doesn’t work like a gift card.

I’ll be using mine to buy the Vault Divider and Molle Panels.

You can buy like 11 Cyberwhistles man!

OP
OP

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure...as I have never checked, but 'settings' for the 'Power Wall' does have 'vehicle charging' that appears to control what amount from Powerwall goes to house and to the car..... when charging off grid; thus it would seem the Powerwall can control power to the Wall Connector?

Travis64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla mp3 and awd cybertruck
Country flag
“
In preparation for your Powershare Home Backup installation, we are training Tesla Certified Installers in your area to ensure they have the expertise required to complete your project.

Once a Certified Installer in your area becomes available, we will connect you. In the meantime, to cover this delay, you will receive two months of free Supercharging. These credits will be added to your account shortly after vehicle delivery.

The Tesla Team”

just got this…this ulimited for 2 months?cross country road trip!

Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
If I understand the situation, having received the email (but for the Beast and giving 2 $700 vouchers), I am already set to use PowerShare after the software release. I then am not receiving the Universal wall connector, the Generation 3 gateway, the $4000 installation allowance. And instead, getting $1400 of vouchers. The math seems troubling. Am I missing something? I’m not mad, just disappointed…

BeardedSasquach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Seems like mass emails about PowerShare went out tonight. Maybe VINS are next or another silent time of no communication. I was also offered the $700 voucher since I have solar and powerwalls already. I do not have a Universal Charger so I guess the money will go for that. But since we are getting shorted it would be nice to have Tesla pay the install cost if we do get a wall charger. Oh, one can dream.

OP
OP

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Sandman1962, post: 273033, member: 18202"]
If I understand the situation, having received the email (but for the Beast and giving 2 $700 vouchers), I am already set to use PowerShare after the software release. I then am not receiving the Universal wall connector, the Generation 3 gateway, the $4000 installation allowance. And instead, getting $1400 of vouchers. The math seems troubling. Am I missing something? I’m not mad, just disappointed…

$1400 voucher for $4,000 install allowance plus equipment....hmmmm...troubling indeed.
*My ICE Stealership buddies are giving me a hard time: "I thought Tesla didn't do
'Market Adjustments' like the dealers do?" and 'So you got Tesla Solar Panels and Powerwalls;
as a good customer and you guys are the ones that are getting $700 coupons; while those
do not have the PW; get thousands of dollars of product and some labor(Beast)." o_O Yeah, but I'll have the Cybertruck soon...