Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
One of the questions that I have been thinking about is the Overall Handling. Due to the size & weight, what is the suspension going to do while turning? Is there going to be a heavy lean like the older American cars from the 60’s and 70’s or will the computer attempt to balance the truck?

In the video they were doing some aggressive turning “off road”. It was not noticeable in the grass as much, but it was notable in the dirt at the Texas Gigafactory in Austin. Maybe it was the angle of the ground while making an aggressive turn at the same time.

Thoughts?

Tesla Cybertruck New Official Cybertruck Footage - Shot by Tesla in NYC & Gigafactory 0AF6A1C6-79CA-46C1-B536-D4AD13F5500C

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
It's not the "big foot" video CT. But very cool to see in action

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Ewwww… door handles.

Hoping the suspension can be set to tighter performance on street. BTW, seems like whoever suggested recording the video just wanted to play with the truck in Texas.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s great footage, but I’m a little bummed that this is clearly the older truck. Wish they’d released this months ago when it was filmed.

A lot of the action shots will be completely different in the production truck with 4 wheel steering. I’d love to see the 4 wheel steering version chucking mud like this.

Good to see, also some nice footage of the factory and gigapress.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Watched it again because who doesn’t want to see a Cybertruck doing donuts?

Noticed the whole video is a video of a video playing on another device. You can even see the other tablet/ device in the beginning. I thought it was just for effect the first time through, but you can see reflections from the screen the entire length of the video.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Looks like CGI.
Isn’t that the perpetual problem with the Cybertruck though? All footage looks like CGI. They said that about the earlier promo shots at Tera Texas which were real.

When I finally get my truck, I’m going to roll up to a friends house and they are going to be like “That’s not a real truck, it’s CGI, I can see the polygons for chrissake”.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Isn’t that the perpetual problem with the Cybertruck though? All footage looks like CGI. They said that about the earlier promo shots at Tera Texas which were real.

When I finally get my truck, I’m going to roll up to a friends house and they are going to be like “That’s not a real truck, it’s CGI, I can see the polygons for chrissake”.
Tesla Cybertruck New Official Cybertruck Footage - Shot by Tesla in NYC & Gigafactory 1634842568433

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Looks like CGI.
Yes. Especially the parts that we've seen already because the drones captured video of them doing it!

-Crissa

PS - I wonder if the 'unrealness' is the same that deer feel about cars moving on a highway? Will people think they're unreal and step in front of us? Autopilot is going to have its work cut out for it...

Tesla Cybertruck New Official Cybertruck Footage - Shot by Tesla in NYC & Gigafactory 36514B07-6CF5-4C2C-8A5E-3DE01315A16F

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Yes. Especially the parts that we've seen already because the drones captured video of them doing it!

-Crissa

PS - I wonder if the 'unrealness' is the same that deer feel about cars moving on a highway? Will people think they're unreal and step in front of us? Autopilot is going to have its work cut out for it...

36514B07-6CF5-4C2C-8A5E-3DE01315A16F.jpeg
I was considering Tron blue outlines for the truck.