Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I don’t think the Badger will ever see production. Same goes for the Atlis and a few others.
I actually trust Atlis a lot more to go into production than any of the 100 different vehicles by Nikola. Bollinger has a higher chance than Atlis and Rivian for Bollinger. Not to mention they are betting on hydrogen.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
It's too bad the Atlis is vaporware. The specs are/were quite impressive.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
Anyone think the new badger will give the CT a run? Will have to wait and see price and delivery dates but if those are similar to CT, I might have a difficult decision.

https://nikolamotor.com/badger
Are you Dick from Accounting at Nikola? LOL... They are based in Phoenix :)

Personally, I hope they make it but I'm doubtful. I have no interest, I'm 100% down with the CT and I don't think the Badger will steal sales from the CT as much as ICE trucks anyway.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
Where would you fuel it?
My major problem with hydrogen is that the technology should've been before EV's, not during them. The concept of hydrogen vehicles aren't as good as the concept of electric vehicles in every aspect.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
No. It wont. Its going to be between $60-$90k

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
My major problem with hydrogen is that the technology should've been before EV's, not during them. The concept of hydrogen vehicles aren't as good as the concept of electric vehicles in every aspect.
The problem with hydrogen is that it is, at the vehicle, expensive both in terms of $ and pollution. The main advantage of it, that one could build FCVs that went 300 mi on a fill, has now been lost since many BEV's can now go more than 300 mi on a charge. The other advantage, that 300 mi worth of fuel could be taken on in 10 minutes is also slipping away now that BEVs can take on 300 mi worth of charge in 20 - 30 min. Thus BEV's are clearly pulling ahead of the promise of "fool cells" and there will be little incentive to install the infrastructure necessary to support an FCV fleet.

OP
OP
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Yeah, all good points. I looked over it’s fuel cell tech not all elec. I’m out now... also, they have a side by side they’re selling for 80k! Seems more and more like a pipe dream

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Nope, I’ll stick with the Cybertruck.

I like the stainless steel body, lockable vault, FSD hardware, 500 mile range and supercharger network.

Don’t see anyone else getting close.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
1) Doubt Nikola will get their truck to market in the time they predict.
2) If or when it does become a reality, where do they expect to charge it when away from home? The Tesla infrastructure is established and continually growing, improving.
3) If/when they make their truck, it looks basically like every other truck. Whoopty freaking do.

Cybertruck has captured the imagination of so many of the normal truck buyers and made non-EV owners into converts. I foresee a bankruptcy in their future.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Nikola motors seems like a scam. The only ev specific company other than tesla that I actually expect to get to market is Rivian.

Well perhaps with exceptions for very low volume super car type vehicles

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
The thing is it's really a 300-mile truck, not a 600-mile truck. Why? Well, it's only 300 battery which is still not nearly as easy as gas - remember they don't have the SC network...but then if you want Hydrogen you have to go to find something 100X harder to find.... a Hydrogen station. Good luck with that!
Sponsored