No ADM (Added Dealer Markup) when Cybertruck goes on sale

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Unlike traditional dealerships Tesla does not add ADM on vehicles that are in high demand. There will be zero price gouging by Tesla when the CT goes on sale. The Cybertruck is going to be hot commodity and Tesla could easily tack on $10-$20k over sticker. I am confident that some of the early pre-orders were from speculators who plan on “flipping“ the truck for a healthy profit after taking delivery.

Tesla Cybertruck No ADM (Added Dealer Markup) when Cybertruck goes on sale 46D78AA6-9EDF-4061-B760-B75355108368
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dixon1430

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
SRNA
Country flag
I don't get the point of this post. Adding on 10-20k would completely negate the entire point of the Cybertruck. A massively capable truck, cheaper than the competition and in line with the cost of the F-150. Just like the model 3 is doing to the luxury/near luxury sedan segment, the CT has the potential to significantly disrupt the truck segment. Increasing the price doesn't help. The more affordable Tesla can make the CT, the better.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Before I read this, I ordered a second Cybertruck today. Because, my first Cybertruck should be delivered pretty early and if I can sell it for a profit, why not. If no one is dumb enough buy my truck, I just cancel the second order and no harm done.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Before I read this, I ordered a second Cybertruck today. Because, my first Cybertruck should be delivered pretty early and if I can sell it for a profit, why not. If no one is dumb enough buy my truck, I just cancel the second order and no harm done.
Well that is absolutely... actually, that's a great plan. Why not? You lose, what? The opportunity cost of $100? That isn't worth very much. I mean, you'll get the $100 back anyway. Solid plan. I almost did that same thing back when the Mazda Miata made it's debut... So close. There was SO much markup on those when they first came out. I suppose there will be quite a few impatient rich people who will want one NOW and will pay a premium. I'd make sure you get the one you want though just in case.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
The $100 deposit will NOT be transferable. Purchase the CT and then resell it with zero miles. Only way to do it.
It’ll be titled to the first purchaser/deposit holder Only.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
The $100 deposit will NOT be transferable. Purchase the CT and then resell it with zero miles. Only way to do it.
It’ll be titled to the first purchaser/deposit holder Only.
I plan to buy the first truck, it's just a matter of whether I keep it or sell it. If i keep it, theoretically, I will have time to get the $100 refund on the second truck.