Any ideas on when deliveries will start?

Fedork

First Name
Fedor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Any data on when deliveries will actually start? Current production rate? When can we realistically expect config emails? I placed my order during the reveal, so must be in first couple of thousands. How did it work for previous Tesla launches?
Sponsored

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
Deliveries started on 11/30. The factory will continue to produce trucks and deliver them (although at first it will be at a slower pace). The only concrete example I can give you is with the Model 3. They held the delivery event in the summer of 2017 with a few cars, and I received my order in December 2017. It was VIN #1900-something. I have no reason to believe that the Cybertruck will be that much different...We can expect the truck production to start to ramp up after a few months...

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Deliveries started on 11/30. The factory will continue to produce trucks and deliver them (although at first it will be at a slower pace). The only concrete example I can give you is with the Model 3. They held the delivery event in the summer of 2017 with a few cars, and I received my order in December 2017. It was VIN #1900-something. I have no reason to believe that the Cybertruck will be that much different...We can expect the truck production to start to ramp up after a few months...
yeah my M3 was delivered in June of 2018 and was the 28 k M3 made. As the M3 went through production hell, this may give some idea of the slowest expected production ramp. Only tri motors will be delivered in 2023, duels start in 2024 and singles start in 2025.

Also, I live in Canada and got one of the early M3s, but as it stands now the tesla Canada website does not have any pricing for the CT. I hope we start to get some here in 2024.

cyberboi

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
turbo
Country flag
Will I be given the option to purchase the tri-motor even though I specified dual motor back in 2019?

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
Will I be given the option to purchase the tri-motor even though I specified dual motor back in 2019?
From my reading, sounds like all legacy holders will have a chance to select their configuration. However, nothing has been formally provided from TSLA outside of your order is in queue.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Normal retail units won’t be produced or delivered for months
Sponsored