No Resale on the Lightning

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
There's a bunch of people wanting to unload their Ford Mach-E lately. About 10 days ago Ford put out a massive recall on almost 49K of them, and ordered all dealers to stop all sales of Mach-E's.

There's always the possibility you could be correct!!!

Almost half of all Mach-e ever made.

-------------------

Ford issues stop-sale of electric Mustang Mach-E crossovers due to potential safety defect Published Tue, Jun 14 2022
By Michael Wayland
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/14/for...g-mach-es-due-to-potential-safety-defect.html

Ford, in a notice Monday to its dealers, said potentially affected vehicles include 2021 and 2022 Mach-Es that were built from May 27, 2020, through May 24, 2022, at the automaker’s Cuautitlan plant in Mexico.

Nearly 49,000 of the roughly 100,000 Mach-Es produced during that time frame will be part of a recall, Ford spokesman Said Deep told CNBC.

The problem involves a potential overheating of the vehicle’s high voltage battery main contactors, which is an electrically controlled switch for a power circuit. The issue can lead to a malfunction that could cause the vehicle not to start or immediately lose propulsion power while in motion, the notice states.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Not surprised Cybertruck carries the same or similar anti-scalping clause.
I will allow my well to do friend drive my CT for two years and then sell to the friend. Friend just needs to make a 50,000 investment into my company plus escrow another 100,000 to purchase the CT in two years regardless of shape the CT is in.

My point, there is always a way and no, it will take seven figures for me to consider releasing.

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck
I think this is a great policy. It prevents artificial scarcity from developing from scalpers and resellers. It prevents wasteful middlemen and keeps prices down for everyone. I hope they can fix their dealer markup problem.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I’m never letting my CT go while I’m still breathing! EVER!

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I belong to some Lightning groups and owners have reported that not all dealerships require you to sign the agreement. There have been some crazy resale prices, the worst I have seen was $150K for a Pro model ($40K MSRP)

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Yes, saw a video recently showing a $40k dealer markup at the very end for the Lightning. And there was a Hummer EV markup of $130k, on sale for the low price of $250k.

OP
OP
SparkChaser

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Think back to the days of yore.
I was so naĂŻve when I fell in love with the Mazda Miata. It was going to be a new tech sports car for $16k. The dealer said "hold my beer" and added 20k.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
The problem involves a potential overheating of the vehicle’s high voltage battery main contactors, which is an electrically controlled switch for a power circuit. The issue can lead to a malfunction that could cause the vehicle not to start or immediately lose propulsion power while in motion, the notice states.
You can't gold plate a turd.

Monroe and Associates did a teardown of a Mach-E and Sandy Monroe said the cooling system was a nightmare of pumps, valves and hoses. It looked like an octopus.

The Nissan dealer where I bought my van and have it serviced has a Mach-E and several used Teslas on the lot.
Over the last few months several Teslas have sold out of there including a Model S Plaid that the owner of the dealership bought new and sold for a fat profit.
I stopped by the other day and spoke to one of the salesmen (who does not have a high opinion of any EV) about the EV's they have on the lot.
He said the Mach-E was traded in on a 2021 Model Y and the owner said he would never buy another Ford as long as he lived.
Unless Ford can scale up EV's to a profitable level they will be toast in five years or less along with most other ICE vehicle manufacturers.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
There's a thread on a forum that I run where the haters are trying to circle-jerk each other about how Tesla is nothing special and anyone else can make a better EV. They go NUTS when I say the words, "Tesla is ahead of everyone by many years." And yet, at least a couple times a month, evidence like this pops up. Look at the battery heat nightmare of the Leaf, and others. And sure, tell me that Tesla isn't ahead. "BUT FORD HAS TEN TIMES AS MANY PATENTS." Sure, that's nice, how's it actually helping them make cars? <crickets>

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Think back to the days of yore.
I was so naĂŻve when I fell in love with the Mazda Miata. It was going to be a new tech sports car for $16k. The dealer said "hold my beer" and added 20k.
I remember those days of the Miata dealer mark ups......car cost 13,000 and they asked 24,000

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Who needs customer loyalty when you are going to be out of business soon. Dealerships are part of a dinosaur business model. There is a huge astroid approaching very quickly.
yea, and it's called Elon musk

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's a thread on a forum that I run where the haters are trying to circle-jerk each other about how Tesla is nothing special and anyone else can make a better EV. They go NUTS when I say the words, "Tesla is ahead of everyone by many years." And yet, at least a couple times a month, evidence like this pops up. Look at the battery heat nightmare of the Leaf, and others. And sure, tell me that Tesla isn't ahead. "BUT FORD HAS TEN TIMES AS MANY PATENTS." Sure, that's nice, how's it actually helping them make cars? <crickets>
agreed....you can have all the patents in the world for something, but if you can't make something or integrate into something else, what good are they.....they just go unused for 7 years until someone else come along and produces something with those expired patents

OP
OP
SparkChaser

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Or salvage...
'I traded lead balls for gold matie!

CyberTruck46290

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Cars and Bids has one on auction. The guy said his dealer didn't make him sign.
Sponsored