Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
Don't get me wrong
I didn't make a reservation for the Bollinger due to the price
I didn't make a reservation for the Rivian because the steel body will rust out in NYS due to road salt
I would never get a model 3 for the same reason. (Though about buying a used Model S for an everyday driver).

The minute I saw that the CyberTruck was going to be made with stainless steel I made the reservation

I did this because, IF MADE, the CyberTruck would be a replacement for my:
2006 165k mileage 4cyc 2WD Toyota Tacoma (lumber hauler)
2010 156k mileage Toyota Camry (everyday driver)
2001 220K mileage 4WD Chevy K3500 (For pulling big trailers to camp and back).

Can you tell if I get my value out of my vehicles? ? (I have never bought a vehicle new)

But 77,000$ for a brand new CyberTruck is a deal
It would literally last me for the rest of my life (I'm 44 now)

And I would only have to insure and maintain one vehicle to do the job of 3

But a lot of things could go wrong btwn now and then:
The economy could s#!t the bed
The design might now work
It could end up being much more expensive or the value of the dollar could go down

I'll be a bigger believer WHEN we have a true working model
AKA a true unibody stainless steel prototype driving around
Instead of this unibody on frame mock-up that was made to compete with Rivian and Bollinger.

Tesla Cybertruck No working "REAL" prototype yet... 1577134455450

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/cybertruck/2021/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-photos-info/
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
"I did this because, WHEN MADE, the CyberTruck would be a replacement for my:"

Fixed that error lol.

Also where are you getting the $77,000 number? Taxes?

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I believe Elon has every intention to build this truck and his goal was to compete with the F150, price point will have to be competitive and build design has to be better and performance to exceed the f150 abilities. No matter what the stock market is today cars are in demand, just what people want is the question that I believe manufactures are trying to answer. As for the value of any vehicle the answer comes from you...did it serve its purpose for you, was it reasonable for you to afford and maintain. It sounds like your vehicles have provided the service you needed and has given you value. The Cybertruck you seen is a prototype but to design a unibody is no big deal, I worked for a transportation agency and we went from full ladder frame buses to unibody buses, they work, and partly made from stainless steel. I don't think there is any secret knowledge to do this but the prototype we seen was a dual motor truck that was using the motors they plan on using, Tesla is tops in motor design and controllers. As a demonstration Cybertruck pulled a Ford in a tug of war and had better acceleration than a Porsche 911. It's the real deal, I think every person that is a member of Cybertruck Owners Club is expecting their truck to be made and I believe Elon is very sincere to bring Cybertruck to market at a speed that seems impossible to me and yet I think he will.
Sponsored