Cybertruck 3D Models from Tesla App - No Updates Yet

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Wondering if anyone here knows how to extract the 3D Models from the Tesla App shown in this article.

https://insideevs.com/news/621329/tesla-semi-3d-images-ios-app/

If we are able to get these models, we will be able to recreate them for Assetto Corsa and allow everyone to test drive them in the simulation. Hopefully, as soon as Tesla updates the Cybertruck model, we will be able to get the 3D model from the app.

Our current collection of the S3XY for the simulator

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck 3D Models from Tesla App - No Updates Yet __custom_showroom_1696436419
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Admitting that IP/TM isn’t exactly my legal practice expertise, I’d still note that Tesla has filed a design patent on the CyberTruck - and I don’t know if that’s true of the other models.

You may already have all this sorted, but comes to mind that if CyberTruck is unique in having a design patent on it, there might be something to think through there

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Admitting that IP/TM isn’t exactly my legal practice expertise, I’d still note that Tesla has filed a design patent on the CyberTruck - and I don’t know if that’s true of the other models.

You may already have all this sorted, but comes to mind that if CyberTruck is unique in having a design patent on it, there might be something to think through there
But some boys just wanna have fun tho bro! :)

--

I think already is a CyberTruck on the Assetto Corsa driving sim?

truck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X 2017 100D LR/S 2015 P85D/Cyberbeast
Country flag
On iOS, apps are stored in /var/containers/Bundle/Application/
You can browse their contents with Filza (although you’ll need either a jailbroken phone or a MCD exploitable phone)
Won’t be posting any links (unless given the green light by an admin) but it’s pretty easy to do yourself (don’t jailbreak your phone unless you’re 100% sure you know what you’re doing)

OP
OP

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Figured out everything, now we wait until Tesla push the latest app with the Cybertruck assets. Latest app has just added Highland.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck 3D Models from Tesla App - No Updates Yet 1696728327849

OP
OP

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Our Tesla Model 3 Highland is ready! Those with Assetto Corsa can try it out here!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/2024-...paign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

On another note, the app still hasn't been updated to include Cybertruck assets. The Highland and Semi assets were included about a month ahead of delivery. It seems very likely that the first deliveries may require beta versions of the App that are not publically available yet. Or might not even support the app and require a key card for access. This is another clue that the first deliveries will just be for show and the owner will be under heavy NDA as the Cybertruck is nowhere near ready for retail customers.
Sponsored