Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, I pulled up my original email last night and my Order # is RN112744184. I found a post showing the first order # and it seems I'm 84th. That shocked me. However, I didn't realize you could choose which model and it defaulted to single motor. I imagine I will get the opportunity to choose another model and get it early if I upgrade. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
As long as Tesla deems that is fair to the customer who ordered the initial launch model(Dual or Tri) when the order was placed. You are asking what are the chance that Tesla let you cut into the Dual or Tri queue basically.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
As long as Tesla deems that is fair to the customer who ordered the initial launch model(Dual or Tri) when the order was placed. You are asking what are the chance that Tesla let you cut into the Dual or Tri queue basically.
I would strongly suspect everyone gets to reconfigure whatever is available

eg, if no single motor variant is available, Tesla not going to simply say those folks can’t configure until every dual/tri is ordered

Showing Interest in a particular variant almost certainly isn’t locking oneself ordering that only that variant, and you place in line is your opportunity to configure whet’s available

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I strongly believe Tesla will do this similar to the Model 3 reservations. What you choose in the pre-order screen is just data for them and likely won't lock you into ordering that model and a specific order queue.

While it is possible what we selected there will matter, I personally think it is unlikely.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No.

The release model isn't going to be the same price or specs as the reveal model. Those who ordered a tri might want a quad, or a dual motor order might want to stick around for the single or standard model instead of the launch model or the performance model or the towing model

So Tesla will send out another email for everyone in a batch, and allow you to configure your order.

No one has ordered quads, after all.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Literally no one from Tesla has ever said that.

Even the single motor Model Y eventually was made in China. Sure, long after the orders were cancelled. But gone? No. It's just the bottom of the priority list. Which it always was.

The reservations were a poll.

-Crissa
Sponsored