• Watchers 12

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Just fyi I ordered a Tri on 12/28/2019 and am ~447k in line
I ordered on 12DEC2019 and the spreadsheet has me at ~380k . (For Trim ~125k)
2nd order on 22OCT2020 has me at ~750k. (for Trim ~250k)
Both Tri-motor. Both with FSD.

The only number I think has any accuracy or meaning is the ~380k number. The "Position for trim" numbers I never gave much credit to, and now with the introduction of a possible quad version it most likely makes that number completely irrelevant. I don't give much credit to my second orders position because being that far out the numbers are probably too diluted with other products etc. But those are my numbers and their dates if anyone is interested.
Sponsored

Curacars

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 626
Country flag
Wow, that's crazy. How do they accept and pump out 30,000 reservation numbers in a matter of minutes. I thought it was strange that when I reserved mine less than an hour after they started taking reservations, I ended up around 39,000. This makes me wonder if Tesla was playing with numbers, and that I'm actually closer to the front of the line.
I ordered mine half way through the presentation #5394 in line.

Mac

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck and model 3
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Wow, that's crazy. How do they accept and pump out 30,000 reservation numbers in a matter of minutes. I thought it was strange that when I reserved mine less than an hour after they started taking reservations, I ended up around 39,000. This makes me wonder if Tesla was playing with numbers, and that I'm actually closer to the front of the line.
Use the calculator. i ordered as soon as they opened the on line order and it turned out #22,000

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I ordered on 12DEC2019 and the spreadsheet has me at ~380k . (For Trim ~125k)
2nd order on 22OCT2020 has me at ~750k. (for Trim ~250k)
Both Tri-motor. Both with FSD.

The only number I think has any accuracy or meaning is the ~380k number. The "Position for trim" numbers I never gave much credit to, and now with the introduction of a possible quad version it most likely makes that number completely irrelevant. I don't give much credit to my second orders position because being that far out the numbers are probably too diluted with other products etc. But those are my numbers and their dates if anyone is interested.
Position for trip is actually going to make a big difference based on Tesla past actions. Prior Tesla owner for sure bumps you up. Selecting the trim level that Tesla says they will first produce for sure moved you up. When I purchased my first Model 3 in 2018, I waited till about a month left of prior Tesla owners model 3 cars to be produced before I ordered mine and I have mine a few weeks later. Long before people that ordered day 1 but never have a Tesla before. Tesla did the same on the Y. People that owned a Tesla before will be the first to get their cars as long as that trim is being produced. Of course behind Tesla Texas employees I guess too.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Position for trip is actually going to make a big difference based on Tesla past actions. Prior Tesla owner for sure bumps you up. Selecting the trim level that Tesla says they will first produce for sure moved you up. When I purchased my first Model 3 in 2018, I waited till about a month left of prior Tesla owners model 3 cars to be produced before I ordered mine and I have mine a few weeks later. Long before people that ordered day 1 but never have a Tesla before. Tesla did the same on the Y. People that owned a Tesla before will be the first to get their cars as long as that trim is being produced. Of course behind Tesla Texas employees I guess too.
Tesla Owners priority aside, I don't count "position for trim" as a big deal because I think (I could be wrong) someone inline before me, even with a single or dual motor reservation will get contacted before me and given the chance to change to the trim currently being produced. This is, of course, all speculation on my part. None of us know how it's actually going to happen until it happens.

Lets say production on the quad motor goes into production first. Production starts on 09JAN2023. Some guy puts $100 down on a reservation on 08JAN2023. He wants a quad, I want a tri. (assuming they will both exist). Will they fill ALL quad orders before starting on the tri motors? What if they are still making only quads by 11JAN2024. Will a quad motor reservation made on 05JAN2024 be fulfilled before they make a tri motor?

This is why I only count the unconditional number. The other numbers rely on to much speculation to have meaning. I think (my guess) the unconditional position number best gives us an idea of where we are in line, and the best number to determine when we will be contacted.

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Tesla Owners priority aside, I don't count "position for trim" as a big deal because I think (I could be wrong) someone inline before me, even with a single or dual motor reservation will get contacted before me and given the chance to change to the trim currently being produced. This is, of course, all speculation on my part. None of us know how it's actually going to happen until it happens.

Lets say production on the quad motor goes into production first. Production starts on 09JAN2023. Some guy puts $100 down on a reservation on 08JAN2023. He wants a quad, I want a tri. (assuming they will both exist). Will they fill ALL quad orders before starting on the tri motors? What if they are still making only quads by 11JAN2024. Will a quad motor reservation made on 05JAN2024 be fulfilled before they make a tri motor?

This is why I only count the unconditional number. The other numbers rely on to much speculation to have meaning. I think (my guess) the unconditional position number best gives us an idea of where we are in line, and the best number to determine when we will be contacted.
Yep, I did not know you meant that. I agree. Tesla Owners then they will take in order. But they will build based on trim at that point. If you dont change to a trim they are building, then you will just be held , even for Tesla owners.
Sponsored