Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag
I was talking to someone at TeslaCon who ordered their CT as soon as it became available on launch day. They're #86 in line.

The email confirmation was delayed, so they reserved a second one a few minutes later. That one is #30,000 in line.
I think I’m between 650,000-950,000…I’ll have to put in my will for the remaining surviving family members to receive final configuration!
Sponsored

Mikutow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The order tracker is pure speculation. Nothing has been announced regarding the final production and what those models will be, let alone what will be delivered first. The OP makes my previous point about false reservations. I said before they should charge more for the down payment so all these false orders stop happening. See what the actual count is when its 5k non refundable. Bet those numbers come down real quick.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The order tracker is pure speculation. Nothing has been announced regarding the final production and what those models will be, let alone what will be delivered first. The OP makes my previous point about false reservations. I said before they should charge more for the down payment so all these false orders stop happening. See what the actual count is when its 5k non refundable. Bet those numbers come down real quick.
People keep suggesting this but it makes no sense. Why do they care?

A giant order book looks good and they get to hang onto millions of dollars interest free. Also makes no sense for customers.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
See what the actual count is when its 5k non refundable. Bet those numbers come down real quick.
Who would put down $5k NON-refundable on a product that hasn’t been defined yet?

Tesla: Ok, the final product will weigh 30 tons.​
Customer: That’s to much, I don’t want it.​
Tesla: That’s fine. Thank you for the $5k.​

The non-refundable part cannot happen until all specs and options are released. Which is when it will happen.

And also … Everything @Ogre said.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Has Tesla ever ignored reservation orders within a region?

Example: two people in South Carolina pre-order the same vehicle/specs months apart but the person further down the list in South Carolina was able to finalize their order first, that kind of thing?

If not, why would Tesla throw it out of the window now?

I think the reservation order counts when they decide to send out the "please finalize with $1000 (or 10%- whatever they decide)" email. But, the real differentiator will be who commits with a down-payment earliest after they send out those emails. The speed in which you put down your money at that point will allow you to leapfrog others to schedule your build.

The delivery order will be affected by the regional shipping schedule. Let's say region X has enough transports to deliver 1000 vehicles, and region Y can only schedule enough transports to deliver 100 vehicles over the week. That means 800 people in region X will get their CT before the next 200 in region Y.

Overall, what I suspect is Tesla will check the reservation attrition/uptake rates for M3/MY pre-orders, then calculate how many people to contact in the first batch of CT orders among tri-motor reservations. Then based on the uptake/attrition from that, dole out invitations on some regular schedule.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, when the configurator opens, when you're able to fork over money, when you take a scheduled appointment... these are all opportunities to jump ahead of someone else in the list. They hold positions only for a little while (a few weeks) before offering them to someone else.

-Crissa

Mikutow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Who would put down $5k NON-refundable on a product that hasn’t been defined yet?

Tesla: Ok, the final product will weigh 30 tons.​
Customer: That’s to much, I don’t want it.​
Tesla: That’s fine. Thank you for the $5k.​

The non-refundable part cannot happen until all specs and options are released. Which is when it will happen.

And also … Everything @Ogre said.
The point was about trying to determine the actual amount of serious orders instead of people who randomly ordered 10 trucks for the fun of it. You're right, there will be no real way to figure out what # you are in line until a final build and pay structure is announced. So the spreadsheet is irrelevant. Cheers.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
At >$90k the 2023 Quad Motor Cybertruck will be expensive.

I predict a huge amount of reservation holders will be cancelling their order once official pricing is announced. Yes, it was too good to be true.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
CT in Oz should be luxury car tax exempt because it has a tray and can handle over 4.5ton GVM. Plus as a trade or primary producer you should get the GST back as well. Harder to do with a SUV, van works however. Hopefully we'll get a EV subsidy in WA soon as well.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Exactly what kind of job do you have that buying two cybertrucks is no big deal?? I'm in a high paid tech position at a major .com that everyone has heard of, and I'm panicked about buying ONE.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Exactly what kind of job do you have that buying two cybertrucks is no big deal?? I'm in a high paid tech position at a major .com that everyone has heard of, and I'm panicked about buying ONE.
Mine are spread likely a couple years apart and it was meant as a way to lock in the price of FSD. I figured buy the first one, enjoy it for a couple years. Then when the second one comes due I figure out if it’s worth buying another.

Entirely possible by that time there are improvements on the truck and maybe by that time FSD will be ready.

Wouldn’t buy 2 at once unless my with wants one of her own.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
When configurator opens, the first to increase their deposit is placed ahead of the line. I have been hitting submit nonstop.

Tangent: @Ogre is ruthless suggesting some poor, innocent CT be torn apart. He should be penalized by having his reservation move down the line by 150,000 positions. Voting is open with six digit reservations and above eligible to vote.

Crager5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, ‘68 Mustang
Occupation
Mech. Engr. (retired), race car driver
Country flag
Just fyi I ordered a Tri on 12/28/2019 and am ~447k in line
Sponsored