Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
I’d rather see them develop a Cybervan . But you’ve gotten the height about right, something about 8 feet tall with the same wheelbase and drive train as the plaid CT at the same price as a Standard roof Daimler Sprinter van.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I remember that truck, I thought it was awesome. I knew the scale was a little too big but the concept, I wanted one and still do. A serious piece of equipment that would have a better rating than the average 1 ton truck. Commanding view of the road to see over everyone else. More than a full size bed plus a capacity to rival in the 5,000 lbs bed capacity class. Plus battery size could be very large in dimension with all the space between the axles. I think the Cybertruck Elon showed is very capable truck but, not like the original concept. Just a bigger truck and that's what I am looking for in a pickup. I would like to replace my diesel dually with a E-truck dually that has Tesla's flare for power and safety features plus now much better range.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Cool! I don’t remember that.
Seems like the semi could be the head of a sprinter van, a bus, a dump truck or a large pick-up truck like the old International Powerwagon.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Any body remember this truck at Tesla Semi reveal in 2017?

I think it had a 500 mile range and 300,000 lb towing capacity and was a 6 seater.

Maybe Tesla will build one in the future. ?
truck922-696x355.jpg
this
I'd forgotten all about that. It's still pretty nice. I think Elon figured he had to come up with something revolutionary, and this was the first mockup that was released. I think this has great potential too; Handy Artie is hoping for the Cybervan, and I'd really like to see a dually flatbed with a 14 foot bed for work (I welded in SS sheet metal on the flatbed I have now, no rust 20 years on. This is why I love SS). The rest of the F550, not doing so well, rust is starting on the roof. But gimme that truck right here, I will put that bitch to work today! ?

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I remember that truck, I thought it was awesome. I knew the scale was a little too big but the concept, I wanted one and still do. A serious piece of equipment that would have a better rating than the average 1 ton truck. Commanding view of the road to see over everyone else. More than a full size bed plus a capacity to rival in the 5,000 lbs bed capacity class. Plus battery size could be very large in dimension with all the space between the axles. I think the Cybertruck Elon showed is very capable truck but, not like the original concept. Just a bigger truck and that's what I am looking for in a pickup. I would like to replace my diesel dually with a E-truck dually that has Tesla's flare for power and safety features plus now much better range.

I'd forgotten all about that. It's still pretty nice. I think Elon figured he had to come up with something revolutionary, and this was the first mockup that was released. I think this has great potential too; Handy Artie is hoping for the Cybervan, and I'd really like to see a dually flatbed with a 14 foot bed for work (I welded in SS sheet metal on the flatbed I have now, no rust 20 years on. This is why I love SS). The rest of the F550, not doing so well, rust is starting on the roof. But gimme that truck right here, I will put that bitch to work today! ?
For BEV's trucks to replace ICE trucks there will need to be a broader range available.

Between the Tesla Semi and the Cybertruck there is a gap that needs to filled. I suspect that Tesla is well aware of this and their engineers are hard at work developing more trucks and vans.

Tesla will have at least one more truck that will fill the gap between the Semi and the CT in the near future and it will probably be something close to this truck. There is a need for something bigger than the CT to haul larger loads than what the CT is capable of and with dual rear wheels. The current Ford F-450/550, Dodge Ram 4500/5500, GMC and Chevrolet 4500/5500 HD users need more towing capacity and 5th wheel/Gooseneck hookups.

This is coming and Tesla will be the first!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla did an excellent job of keeping the CT tightly under wraps before the November event. There were no leaked spy spots from what I can remember. I am sure that all of the employees involved in developing the prototype had to sign a NDA agreement.

Cybervan!

Tesla Cybertruck Original Tesla Truck Concept 75A6A9D5-0887-4D3B-ABC8-DB6CB16A1115

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla did an excellent job of keeping the CT tightly under wraps before the November event. There were no leaked spy spots from what I can remember. I am sure that all of the employees involved in developing the prototype had to sign a NDA agreement.

Cybervan!

75A6A9D5-0887-4D3B-ABC8-DB6CB16A1115.jpeg
The big question is will the next truck offered by Tesla be SS or the same as the Original Concept and Semi? Or a bit of both!

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
Given the overwhelmingly positive response to the CT it's a good bet that Franz will take the Stainless Steel exoskeleton form further.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Given the overwhelmingly positive response to the CT it's a good bet that Franz will take the Stainless Steel exoskeleton form further.
Only problem I see is weight. A bigger truck with SS will have more weight which is what EV designers look to reduce.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It seems that the original would be best suited for a motor home, coach operations and the like. Way down on their list of things to do to get more people away from ICE and into BEV.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It seems that the original would be best suited for a motor home, coach operations and the like. Way down on their list of things to do to get more people away from ICE and into BEV.
Oh i dunno about that. There is a large commercial market for "chassis cab" vehicles that aftermarket companies put all kinds of things on. RVs, Work Trucks, Tow Trucks, Ambulances, Box Vans, Flatbed Trucks, Dump Trucks, Spray Trucks, utility Boom trucks, etc.

chalupa808

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag

I think it had a 500 mile range and 300,000 lb towing capacity and was a 6 seater.

truck922-696x355.jpg
I was thinking flat bed

Deleted member 3316

I thought this was just a reconfiguration of the Semi. I’m sure some YouTuber with too much money will convert their semi to look like this with minimal difficulty.

truck922-696x355.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thechez.car.blog
Vehicles
Honda Insight, Fort Explorer, Sebring-Vanguard CitiCar, Bicycle, nuCamp T@G, Tesla CyberTruck
Occupation
'mercan
Country flag
I'm pretty satisfied with the look. I'm hoping I can fit my little car in the back rather than tow it to car shows.
Sponsored