Owners With Tinted Windshield In OC, SoCal: Where Did You Get It Done?

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
The first thing I NEED to do is get my widshield tinted. Anyone did it and recommend a shop in Orange County, SoCal?

i’m not sure how dark it should be, I’ve seen people went with 50%: is it too dark? CT willl get a lot of attentions, cops too, so I don’t want to get pulled over: 70% is safer, right?
Sponsored

wh1t3rbb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founders Edition
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
Not the answer you're looking for, but this should at least help a little.

I got 20% on the front passenger and the front pillar windows, and it matches the rear, factory tint perfectly. I'm in San Diego and got my tint done at Bros in Pacific Beach. They did a good job. But that doesn't help you in OC.

I'm following along because I'm considering tinting the windshield too.

OP
OP

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
Not the answer you're looking for, but this should at least help a little.

I got 20% on the front passenger and the front pillar windows, and it matches the rear, factory tint perfectly. I'm in San Diego and got my tint done at Bros in Pacific Beach. They did a good job. But that doesn't help you in OC.

I'm following along because I'm considering tinting the windshield too.
I don't mind to drive there. Did you ask them about tinted windshield?

CTFS2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Country flag
The first thing I NEED to do is get my widshield tinted. Anyone did it and recommend a shop in Orange County, SoCal?

i’m not sure how dark it should be, I’ve seen people went with 50%: is it too dark? CT willl get a lot of attentions, cops too, so I don’t want to get pulled over: 70% is safer, right?
From my opinion, it depends on what brand you are having it installed, also what do you want to get screened out by your tint. If you have nano ceramic tint, then you can go up to 80-85% and get most of the UV/heat screen out. I don't like mine too dark, because it's impossible to see at night (specially parking). I like driver side to be 30% and windshield 80%, you won't get pull over in Ca and will be able to see clearly well at night. I had a car windshield tinted at 60%, and it was very hard at night to see.
I live in north OC, I will have my CT tinted in couple of weeks, waiting to get my CT back from service center due to faulty charging error. :-(

OP
OP

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
^^^^^

Any other owners?

I've seen people posted they already got their CTs in Irvine, SoCal: did anyone get their windshield tinted?

bryanle1

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT, Y
Country flag
I live in Murrieta and got mine done locally. 70% Suntek Ceramic. Helps with heat and no weird effects with polarized glasses.

OP
OP

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
I live in Murrieta and got mine done locally. 70% Suntek Ceramic. Helps with heat and no weird effects with polarized glasses.
Do you have a link/address?
How much is it?
Did you do all windows or just the windshield?

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

Mike's Tint Shop in Orange

neights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MY LR, 2012 Lotus Evora S, 2013 BMW X5 35d
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
One of One in San Diego had a CT in the other day, not mine (yet heh), but they’ve wrapped and tinted my Model Y and Lotus. Highly recommend them for quality materials and workmanship; the prices are reasonable too.

eTruckOC

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
etrucksoc.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model X, CyberTruck and Rivian R-1T
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
Hi,

Check out my must buy CyberTruck supplies list link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ioFVrOQ7yyxhQLMWbfm_Rt-G13sl8KQ6XbJ7v8AcqCw/edit?usp=sharing

PPF Wrap and Window Tint by TMS: Jessie @ https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZnmSduJji3wS31y28
Tell him Cary sent you! Best price in Orange County.
755BAFA6-4B9E-4062-BD2A-E65350244E51_1_105_c.jpeg
Thanks for your reply!

What percentage of tint did you get?

All windows including windshield?

They look pretty dark. I just don't want to get pulled over since CTs are still pretty new and get alot of attentions from people and Cops.
Sponsored