OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Super excited for electric dirt bikes! I'm an Alta EXR owner and sad for lack of support, and replacement parts. This is an exciting new product, assuming they can survive and make this a reality.
Stark Varg
The local Alta guys are talking about placing orders for this bike.

Looks good, price is ok, too (let's see what the delivery and dealer prep fee is though).

80hp is pretty insane but at 6kw battery it's not doing a full moto in my opinion.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Super excited for electric dirt bikes! I'm an Alta EXR owner and sad for lack of support, and replacement parts. This is an exciting new product, assuming they can survive and make this a reality.
Stark Varg
Pretty cool although that price point is a no go for me.. granted I'm not a dirt biker. It does reconfirm (after the kids cyberquad already did) for me that the cyberquad will in no way be sub 15k pricing. Also way out of my "sure I'll buy it, take my money" range, squarely into the "nah im good" range.

There is also this recent news of future lower cost livewire models:
https://www.motorcycle.com/features...re-public-announces-new-arrow-powertrain.html

which given Harely's cloud 9 refusal to price models in reality lately.. even these lower cost ones I can't see being cheaper thank 15k. Harley will try to sell you a 15k bike as a low cost option to a 21k bike, by raising the 21k option to 26k, with a shit eating grin on their faces!

They also have some laughable sales estimates in that press release... laughable by grossly overstating their reception in the EV motorcycle market. 387 livewires sold this year. Total. Let that sink in. Yet they have the gall to think they will be selling 53k in 2025. HA! If I were Zero.. i'd be salivating right about now to get a more traditional looking motorcycle out there to beat out the harley crowd who has no interest in "sporty" bikes.

I would kill for an EV bobber!

Last edited:

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Im a big dirt biker, put deposit down today! Looks like EU and AUS release soonish so can get reviews and feedback prior to US shipments in q4.22...so worth risking $100! :)

A KTM costs $10k +/- $1k - so the pricing isn't bad....biggest risk is range/duration - 6 hours of easy should be 3 hours of intermittent spirited - if so that'll work...if it's < 1 hour at full tilt then maybe no...

Just wish its delivery lined up with my CT delivery so easy to charge in the field!...maybe get both first quarter 23! :cool:

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Im a big dirt biker, put deposit down today! Looks like EU and AUS release soonish so can get reviews and feedback prior to US shipments in q4.22...so worth risking $100! :)

A KTM costs $10k +/- $1k - so the pricing isn't bad....biggest risk is range/duration - 6 hours of easy should be 3 hours of intermittent spirited - if so that'll work...if it's < 1 hour at full tilt then maybe no...

Just wish it signed up with my CT Delivery so easy to charge in the field!...maybe get both first quarter 23! :cool:
Don't hesitate on an electric bike due to range.

The Alta is the best, most fun dirt bike I've ever owned. Hands down.

I'm pretty sure I'm buying this bike...... certainly worth the $100 for the option to get one sooner than later.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
no worries there, I've got 6 motorcycles - very little hesitation, more of a garage space and future divorce limitation! :)

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Cool vid, will be watching development and product line.

However, why do we keep ignoring Bond villains in these companies?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
A narrative focus by Stark on quiet over noisy machines is in stark contrast to the whiner e-bikes!

Thanks for vid. Swedes know bikes by looking at geometry, design details and engineering choices. Brilliant using an affordable OTC smartphone upgrade pathway to the bike and for owners .vs. proprietary.

Their fiber encased 80hp motors could drive 4x4. Stark has built an open run at big bucks SXS if they want to scale that engineering, technology and distribution beyond two wheels. I’d buy any SXS Stark builds over the pipe benders of today. That’s after giving KTM a run for its torque.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is it Dec 22 yet? :). Shown like 10 people this bike, 2 have put deposits down....waiting for CT, waiting for this....not a patient person, lol, but hopefully all worth it!

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
and I just ordered a Stark Varg.

Enduro 18" wheel
80hp flavor
Hand brake for rear wheel
Side stand
Home Delivery

Estimated delivery December 26, 2022.

Keeping my Alta. It's literally a work of art. And the first REAL electric motocross bike.

Edit: Decided to get this for the back of the CT instead of the Cyberquad. I'm just not a quad guy

OP
OP
Revoltlution

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Enduro 18" wheel
80hp flavor
Side stand
Home Delivery

Estimated delivery December 26, 2022.

Keeping my Alta. It's literally a work of art. And the first REAL electric motocross bike.

Edit: Decided to get this for the back of the CT instead of the Cyberquad. I'm just not a quad guy
Same same same!

Enduro 18" wheel
60hp flavor (can't justify 80hp $1000... Alta's 50hp is already insane)
Side stand
Home Delivery

Love that you can get sprung for your weight from factory!