Possible Future Remedy for Cold Climate Range Issues….

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
Now think of this item, as applied to a CyberTruck…………. Perhaps there is more to the choice of SS than meets the eye. Let’s just say, you wanted to use materials that would potentially minimize the need for recycling by simple longevity……. Add a Thermionic Nuclear power source and you have a system that could simultaneously charge and keep things warm in cold environments…….. 🤔like space…..or Wisconsin🙂 ah, a mini SNAP generator……… ?!

Perhaps there is a future for a NUCLEAR augmented TESLA ( NASA-SpaceX )

https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LAR-TOPS-335
Sponsored

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I myself was waiting for flux capacitor.

Reactions: REM

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Now think of this item, as applied to a CyberTruck…………. Perhaps there is more to the choice of SS than meets the eye. Let’s just say, you wanted to use materials that would potentially minimize the need for recycling by simple longevity……. Add a Thermionic Nuclear power source and you have a system that could simultaneously charge and keep things warm in cold environments…….. 🤔like space…..or Wisconsin🙂 ah, a mini SNAP generator……… ?!

Perhaps there is a future for a NUCLEAR augmented TESLA ( NASA-SpaceX )

https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LAR-TOPS-335
I just saw that China was getting ready to produce nuclear batteries.

I believe that it was a few volts at a couple of milliamps. But lasts 50 years.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag

I wonder if they have stolen our flux capacitor technology.:devilish:

Nabilriaz69

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

The Nuclear batteries is very old Technology , only provides very small power. CATL and BYD are working on Sodium Batteries instead using Lithium , that is way cheaper than Lithium and in abundance. That will be game changer. But Energy density is lower for Sodium Ion batteries than Lithium.

OP
OP
Diveflyfish

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
The Nuclear batteries is very old Technology , only provides very small power. CATL and BYD are working on Sodium Batteries instead using Lithium , that is way cheaper than Lithium and in abundance. That will be game changer. But Energy density is lower for Sodium Ion batteries than Lithium.
Agreed, however would it be possible that a small nuclear cell system could be used for keeping a means to have a source of heat used with the heat pump system to minimize need to use battery energy for maintaining optimal cell temps in cold climates?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Agreed, however would it be possible that a small nuclear cell system could be used for keeping a means to have a source of heat used with the heat pump system to minimize need to use battery energy for maintaining optimal cell temps in cold climates?
If heat loss was a big problem in colder climates I would rather they use insulation instead to contain it. Normally you set the car to preheat everything before disconnecting the chatge cable. That way everything is warm already.

You cold also use a heat recovery ventilation system to keep hearing losses to a minimum.

The only heat you'd have to add then is what heat you loose along the way that leaks through the insulation. Helps for keeping the car cool in warmer climates as well, and would generally cost less than adding something else. Would also improve cabin noise etc. and reduce heat loss when using camp mode and even when charging.

Otherwise not really a fan of anything that produces ionising radiation. Rather go the low/no energy pathway and avoid high potentials altogether.
Sponsored