luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
K Doc Brown 007, Makes sense, however, how low can it get? The main reason I'm designing the step is so that my Mom and possibly others can benefit from it if the truck won't go low enough. She has issues even getting into my stock height Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Jhodgesatmb, Thanks for the help with that, more than likely using the actuators I first wanted to go with will work. Just need to figure out a locking mechanism to keep them from dropping under force.
if you had them swing out while in the same horizontal plane they could be forever built in to just one plane, and not need to "lock." Sort of like half a lazy susan in an envelope underneath with the pivot point at the edge of the vehicle.

OP
OP
68Voltswagen

68Voltswagen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 VW Bug, 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 21 Cybertruck Tri-Motor FSD
Occupation
Telecommunications Tower Technician
Country flag
if you had them swing out while in the same horizontal plane they could be forever built in to just one plane, and not need to "lock." Sort of like half a lazy susan in an envelope underneath with the pivot point at the edge of the vehicle.

That's a good idea, I was mainly going for the way the grid fins on the Falcon 9 initially deploy.
Tesla Cybertruck Possible Side Step Idea. Resized_20200107_141554

However, it may be easier and a bit sturdier in that format.
Sponsored