Munna Khan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is any one know what would be the price for 2 motor CyberTruck?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mizz28

First Name
Munna Khan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Canada

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That will depend on how you set it up. You can see that on the Tesla site but the Cybertruck is hidden over in the menu at the top right of the page. Hit the three line menu and scroll down to Cybertruck. You can configure it there. There isn't much to configure yet.
Single, Dual, Tri motor (dual is $49,900 right now) and whether or not you want Full Self Driving for another $7,000. Those are US dollar amounts. At least, from here, that's what is on the site.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
(49.9 + 7)/.71 = 80.1408 k so yes, around $80 k seems reasonable (plus, of course, the taxes which go to pay for all that free stuff you guys get).

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Is any one know what would be the price for 2 motor CyberTruck?
Good question. People who can answer it are those who somehow know what the US/Can exchange-rate will be at delivery time. And Canadian taxes/surcharges/rebates then in effect in your jurisdiction. And whether Tesla will impose an out-of-county delivery fee, or a surcharge for complying with Canadian regulations (such as dual-language signage, metric speedometer, and I don't know what crash-testing or bumper or lighting regulations).

The purchase price may be only a one-time outlay, but it's just one of the costs. What else? As for the common biggies, the CT should barely depreciate, and the operating costs should be minimal. But don't forget the insurance. That's a required extra that you pay 24/7/365. How much will that be? Will Tesla manage to offer coverage in any province? More good questions.

Might not be relevant, but the deposit of US$100 translated to C$150. And the Ontario and federal governments just gave C$590 million to Ford to build an electric-vehicle plant in Oakville Ontario, and Ford might want Tesla sales discouraged from taking away Ford EV sales. Canada also put C$300 million into a national charger network. Meanwhile, Tesla has been doing all this on its own dime!

Last edited:

kabloona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang GT
Country flag
Good question. People who can answer it are those who somehow know what the US/Can exchange-rate will be at delivery time. And Canadian taxes/surcharges/rebates then in effect in your jurisdiction. And whether Tesla will impose an out-of-county delivery fee, or a surcharge for complying with Canadian regulations (such as dual-language signage, metric speedometer, and I don't know what crash-testing or bumper or lighting regulations).

The purchase price may be only a one-time outlay, but it's just one of the costs. What else? As for the common biggies, the CT should barely depreciate, and the operating costs should be minimal. But don't forget the insurance. That's a required extra that you pay 24/7/365. How much will that be? Will Tesla manage to offer coverage in any province? More good questions.

Might not be relevant, but the deposit of US$100 translated to C$150. And the Ontario and federal governments just gave C$590 million to Ford to build an electric-vehicle plant in Oakville Ontario, and Ford might want Tesla sales discouraged from taking away Ford EV sales. Canada also put C$300 million into a national charger network. Meanwhile, Tesla has been doing all this on its own dime!

Good answer.....I'm looking at USD 56,900 for my order back in November '19...(AWD and FSD)....that translates to CAN 70,265 at current exchange rates.....

But who knows what rebates (if any) will be available when the car is ready for delivery in Canada, and of course what the exchange rate will be on the Canadian dollar at that time..?

Too many variables...

:cool:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Good answer.....I'm looking at USD 56,900 for my order back in November '19...(AWD and FSD)....that translates to CAN 70,265 at current exchange rates.....

But who knows what rebates (if any) will be available when the car is ready for delivery in Canada, and of course what the exchange rate will be on the Canadian dollar at that time..?

Too many variables...

:cool:
Turns out that Tesla does not convert the US price into Canadian at standard exchange rates; they apply their own formula. Also, a new federal Canadian "luxury tax" comes into effect on Jan 1, 2022. It's 20% of the amount of a list price that exceeds C$100k. Another variable is the province; for instance, I think British Columbia has an extra tax on high-cost vehicles.
Sponsored